Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
George Moore had an 02 on the lot when I drove by today so I stopped in to see if it was spoken for. It wasn't so I took it for a spin.

I did not notice any performance difference over my 01. I did install the blackwing filter on mine which should put me right up there hp wise so I guess I should have expected that.

Anyway, I decided I'll hang on to the 01.

·
Registered
906 Posts
jc...
Still love that plate! I can't believe they let you have it.

G

·
I told my wife I wanted to name the new Z06 "BAMF" and when I told her what it meant, she didn't like it.... that's ok, she let me buy this car, so she's cool /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It'll have to be Speedy-Gonzalez Jr then!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
298 Posts
If anyone says they can really feel the difference, I would take that with a grain of salt. Then I would blindfold the guy and put him in the passenger seat of a '01 and then go WOT and then do the same in a '02. At least he'd have a 50% chance of guessing right........

·
Registered
151 Posts
The exhaust tone of an 02 Z06 is a dead give-away, you had better give your blindfolded passenger a set of ear plugs as well. Just to make it fair.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
You can feel 20 hp on a mod, so there would be a good chance that you could feel the difference. I am concerned with reports that the dyno is showing less than 400 hp on the 02's that have been tested, my dealer has told me that after 500 miles if I do not make 345 at the rear wheels he will take the car back, I have known my dealer for over 15 years and believe he would take it back, we will see in a few weeks. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
228 Posts
Saw one at the Manassas get together last night.
1. Exhaust note is different.

2. The Badge on the car is larger than 2001 badge. Pics I have seen make it look the same.

3. Wheels are different. The spokes are more rounded and thicker. We had a Silver 01 parked next to the silver and 02 and you could really see the difference.

Otherwise the cars are visually identical.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

On 2001-07-29 07:27, bsteinhagen spewed forth this drivel:
Saw one at the Manassas get together last night.
1. Exhaust note is different.

2. The Badge on the car is larger than 2001 badge. Pics I have seen make it look the same.

3. Wheels are different. The spokes are more rounded and thicker. We had a Silver 01 parked next to the silver and 02 and you could really see the difference.

Otherwise the cars are visually identical.

Good info here... first time I've heard of a side by side comparo /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks for sharing /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts