Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
George Moore had an 02 on the lot when I drove by today so I stopped in to see if it was spoken for. It wasn't so I took it for a spin.

I did not notice any performance difference over my 01. I did install the blackwing filter on mine which should put me right up there hp wise so I guess I should have expected that.

Anyway, I decided I'll hang on to the 01.

·
Registered
906 Posts
jc...
Still love that plate! I can't believe they let you have it.

S

·
0 Posts
I told my wife I wanted to name the new Z06 "BAMF" and when I told her what it meant, she didn't like it.... that's ok, she let me buy this car, so she's cool /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It'll have to be Speedy-Gonzalez Jr then!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
298 Posts
If anyone says they can really feel the difference, I would take that with a grain of salt. Then I would blindfold the guy and put him in the passenger seat of a '01 and then go WOT and then do the same in a '02. At least he'd have a 50% chance of guessing right........

·
Registered
151 Posts
The exhaust tone of an 02 Z06 is a dead give-away, you had better give your blindfolded passenger a set of ear plugs as well. Just to make it fair.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
You can feel 20 hp on a mod, so there would be a good chance that you could feel the difference. I am concerned with reports that the dyno is showing less than 400 hp on the 02's that have been tested, my dealer has told me that after 500 miles if I do not make 345 at the rear wheels he will take the car back, I have known my dealer for over 15 years and believe he would take it back, we will see in a few weeks. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
228 Posts
Saw one at the Manassas get together last night.
1. Exhaust note is different.

2. The Badge on the car is larger than 2001 badge. Pics I have seen make it look the same.

3. Wheels are different. The spokes are more rounded and thicker. We had a Silver 01 parked next to the silver and 02 and you could really see the difference.

Otherwise the cars are visually identical.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
C'mon Joe Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!

You know you would take an "02 in a heartbeat over the '01.../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
601 Posts
Phil

We were out at Moore yesterday and the salesman we talked to said they weren't getting any until next week. We must have talked to the wrong guy.

Rick

PS. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

On 2001-07-29 07:27, bsteinhagen spewed forth this drivel:
Saw one at the Manassas get together last night.
1. Exhaust note is different.

2. The Badge on the car is larger than 2001 badge. Pics I have seen make it look the same.

3. Wheels are different. The spokes are more rounded and thicker. We had a Silver 01 parked next to the silver and 02 and you could really see the difference.

Otherwise the cars are visually identical.

Good info here... first time I've heard of a side by side comparo /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks for sharing /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts