Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many years I have used Meguirs spray detail for my cars, but on this black paint Vette it seems to leave a fog on the paint that is a pain to buff out with alot more rubbing with the towl than usual on my other cars.

Even after washing the car it was damn hard to even dri it with the normal towles I use. Looks like a chamois is needed. I know there are many different brands of those 2 and some dont work worth a damn.

So I am looking for a chamois brand or what outfit sells a decent one, and who sells a decent quick detail spray wax or am I in for using some liquid wax like Adams butter wax or Zaino? I hate to have to start using some 3 stage wax system for fiberglass though thats going to take 4 hours to put on and off each time I use it.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I just started using Adam's detail spray. It doesn't leave any type of fog and is easy to use. My car is dark blue, almost black. If I were you I would pick out one system and stay with it. It doesn't take much effort to keep your car in top shape once you apply the basic polish. You could go to Adam's site and watch Adam detail a black truck and pick up on just how easy it is. Zaino may be another product you may like as well.

D.J.

·
Premium Member
4,332 Posts
I use Zaino on my black Z and I can't be happier with the results.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85142
They have a new ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive that makes the process a lot easier than before. If you follow their tips and tricks section on their web site, I will guarantee you will be amazed with the results. I've heard great things about Adam's products also, but I would find it hard for myself to change now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts