Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After you wash your car take the nozzle off the hose and let the stream of water flow over each panel (try to cover the whole panel with a sheet of water) and then let it sheet off and the panel should be almost dry and much easier to blow dry or wipe down with a waffle towel or chamois. Do each panel 1 at a time and then finsh with a leaf blower or your preffered method. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I use the new Dry byitself kit, I cant remember the name for Gosh sake! Mr. wash? whatever it is I think you know what Im talking about, it works great but thanx for the tip :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
agentf1 said:
After you wash your car take the nozzle off the hose and let the stream of water flow over each panel (try to cover the whole panel with a sheet of water) and then let it sheet off and the panel should be almost dry and much easier to blow dry or wipe down with a waffle towel or chamois. Do each panel 1 at a time and then finsh with a leaf blower or your preffered method. :cheers:
Yep, that's what I do. Then I hit it with the blow dryer (leaf blower) then my waffle towel takes the rest off without even having to ring it out once.

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
dryforkz06 said:
Wouldn't the leaf blower blow dust onto the car? :jawdrop:
No. Usually the driveway is wet, so there is not any dust to blow up on the car. You also keep it pointed at the car and not at the ground.

·
Registered
292 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I use the new Dry byitself kit, I cant remember the name for Gosh sake! Mr. wash? whatever it is I think you know what Im talking about, it works great but thanx for the tip :yeadog:
Mr. Clean...it's received good reviews on many forums.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
agentf1 said:
I use the very same procedure...good advice! :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Ronald Olson said:
In Self Services Car wash .If thy had a Blower hose you Could use . It would be nice for drying
There is a lot bad things in car wash water. Most/all of those places use recycled water. :eek:o:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Thanks for the tip, but recently stopped washing the car with water altogether. Now I'm just using quick detailer and mirco fiber towel each time I take the car out. Takes about 5 minutes and done.

·
Registered
196 Posts
agentf1 said:
I do the same thing & it works really well. I usually do a microfiber towell instead of a leaf blower however.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
proexpert said:
I also use the blower to dry my cars, but I sponge bath and blow dry INSIDE the garage. :eek:
This is what I do to. I bought a leaf blower just to dry my car only. I'm on my second one.

Oh and for the mirrors what works best for me is you blow it then vacuum out the rest of the water with a shop vac. It works a lot better that just blowing.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts

I keep a pair of these red plastic mirror covers in my trunk. Just slip them over the mirrors before washing, and you prevent water from getting inside the mirrors. Especially useful when traveling since you don't have room for a leaf blower.

The NCM Corvette store sells them for C5 & 6.

Zipster :usa: :usa:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I use a 5.5hp shop vac as a blower to dry the door jams, etc.
It's not as strong as the leaf blower but still works well enough.
I'm lookin' into getting the Tora 215mph blower.

What other one's work well?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Stumbo said:
I use a 5.5hp shop vac as a blower to dry the door jams, etc.
It's not as strong as the leaf blower but still works well enough.
I'm lookin' into getting the Tora 215mph blower.

What other one's work well?
My leaf blower has it's exhaust ducted out on the blower side. It blows 2 cycle exhaust out of the pressure side. I have to admit my blower is a cheap one and maybe the more expensive ones have a different means of exhaust extraction. Two cycle exhaust is heavy laden with oil smoke and will leave deposits on the cars surface. If you go with an electric who care's?

$.02

D.J.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts