Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha Gang, I just sprouted a DTC and was hoping I might be able to get some help on what the items mean, and where I should start looking to trouble shoot.......any help would be appreciated.

Here's what I got:

P0171 - Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1 (OLD) (Immature)
P0332 - Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2) (SES) (OLD) (History) (Immature)
P1638 - Generator F-Terminal Circuit (History) (Immature)

Anything to worry about?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sarge...everywhere I look, I cannot locate the P1638 code. What gives am I missing it?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
P1637 is set when the PCM detects an out of range voltage on one of the output drive modules. P1638 is set when the alternator field winding pulse width modulation duty cycle exceeds 65 percent for over 5 seconds. These could have been caused by a high charge rate for a new battery or a low battery, maybe. I would reset the codes and see if they return. :z:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IT L GO said:
P1637 is set when the PCM detects an out of range voltage on one of the output drive modules. P1638 is set when the alternator field winding pulse width modulation duty cycle exceeds 65 percent for over 5 seconds. These could have been caused by a high charge rate for a new battery or a low battery, maybe. I would reset the codes and see if they return. :z:

You rock. That's what I was hoping to hear...the battery has been very low recently. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts