Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have truly gone nuts! :bang: !

I found a new dual air intake a few days ago, thought I had book marked the web page, guess I didn't cause I can't find it now!

This looked to a smaller company, that was selling direct(if that helps.....)and looked to be a dual intake "ram-air" style system.

If anyone can post info/link on this, the beer is on me!:guiness:

Thanks,

Win
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it!

Thanks for the info, I am going to call them tomorrow to see what is up with availability.

Regards

Win

·
Registered
125 Posts
Vararam Intake

Currently there is a four to five week back order for this unit.
I have had one on order since early December. Pat at Vara
ram said should be another two weeks. At this time they are
making fifty units a week. There was a backlog of orders for
around five-hundred pre-sold units.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS!!!!

Will wait to see some feed back since SO MANY have been ordered. There should be some good data fairly quickly(I hope)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Vararam Intake

GeorgeP said:
Currently there is a four to five week back order for this unit.
I have had one on order since early December. Pat at Vara
ram said should be another two weeks. At this time they are
making fifty units a week. There was a backlog of orders for
around five-hundred pre-sold units.
[/QUOTE

George,

Do they have any better documentation than is available online??--which is NOTHING but a doctored photo--

Thanks,

Win

·
Registered
125 Posts
Pat at Vararam can be reached at 1-866-507-2648. I found him
very knowledgeable. He also will answer any questions you
might have in great length.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
INTERESTING THAT NOBODY HAS ANY ADDITIONAL INFO, AND OVER 500 ARE ON BACK ORDER.......(HMMMMMM)

:cool: BLIND FAITH???:cool:

I GUESS WE WILL WAIT AND SEE!

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE INFO!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I talked them months ago about availibility and dyno numbers etc...was told to wait a few weeks.

I also saw a member on another forum that he was to get one last week and post results. I haven't seen any follow up post by him yet.

32hp is a lofty goal for just and intake. Hope it works but I have my doubts. Looking forward to these 500 getting out and some feedback to be brought to these Forums.:)

RG

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think we will know more in the next 30 days as these puppies get into the hands of the of the end users.....

Hopefully he can fax/email me some data and better pics of this set-up to back up the data posted.

Win

11 weeks to go!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spoke with Pat at VaraRam this AM.

Very nice and knowledgeable guy!

Here is a little more info:

:) ABS construction

:) 3pc unit installs with no cutting, drilling etc install time approx 2 hrs

:) Uses a single specialy designed K&N filter that is 1/2" thick, 33% higher flow rate than a standard 1" thick K&N. It mounts just in front of the MAF

:yeadog: Z06 is the easiest adaption of all C5 models!

:) 3.6 avg mph up on 1/4m et's

:) Bolts to exsisting location behind duct screens on bumper

:) No adjustment of MAF needed(he stated that the factory MAF will adjust an additional 200HP of fuel-if needed)

:) Feels his HP claims will be/are accurate

:( For those of you who have your cars already, 4 week back order, he will take your name and # and let you know when it is in stock

Sounds like a winner to me! They were updating their website as we were on the phone with updated instructions, more pics, etc.

www.vararam.com

:z:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
RG in Dallas said:
32hp is a lofty goal for just and intake. Hope it works but I have my doubts. Looking forward to these 500 getting out and some feedback to be brought to these Forums.:)

RG
If that claim includes added HP due to real ram-air effect than I can believe it.

Of course the faster you go, the more ram-air pressure there is. For instance, at 150 MPH, there is ~3% added HP due to just the ram-air pressure. 3% of 350 RWHP is ~11 RWHP. Haltech is getting in the neighborhood of 18 RWHP on the dyno, so 18+11 = 29 HP gain at 150 MPH :D. Looks reasonable to me.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Z0000006 said:
Spoke with Pat at VaraRam this AM.

Very nice and knowledgeable guy!

Here is a little more info:

:) No adjustment of MAF needed(he stated that the factory MAF will adjust an additional 200HP of fuel-if needed)

www.vararam.com

Hummm.... according to Haltech, the Z06 injectors are already "on the edge". The MAF maybe able to adjust its output, BUT can the injectors provide what the MAF is asking for?!

BTW -- whats the projected cost of this ram-air system? It looks cool :D.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$499.99 intro pricing, it will be going to 549.99 at some point this year(summer?)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To HallTech:

Not all of us have been involved with the forum as long as you, I spoke with Pat at VaraRam, (not the person you quoted.) He seemed VERY polite, informed, and accomodating for my questions. I was just doing exactly what I said I would do, give him a call, and try to get some additional info. I feel like my butt is on :flaming: !

This post has been up for a few days now, why have you waited so long to bring this up:-? :-? :-?

Here is another one for you to nuke:D

http://www3.security-one.com/ssl2000/rmc5/store/commerce.cgi?product=cat01&cart_id=

Settle down! :) :) :) :)

Just trying to get all the info before I make my final decision!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: How short our memory is.

Halltech said:
The vararan guy visited this site some time ago.

I'm speaking now, not as a competitor, but as a forum member with a long memory. Do you remember? Much of what he said has since been deleted by Jared, for pretty obvious reasons. Here is just one quote:

"Boy I have read some bull crap but this sh-t really takes the cake. Ive been involved in many dyno runs for many magazines and have never in 12 years ever had the hood up, who the hell beleives this sh-t. If you are going to print crap at least
have a brain that some of us do this for a living.
Send me a unit and we will dyno it under real world cond. No hood up hood down and we have 5 stock 01 zo6 vettes that want to try it ON. If it makes horse power I will eat my words..
Also you better recheck your stock # on you dyno because a 02 should make about 339 to 342 rwhp not 350. I HAVE A NEW IDEA LETS ALL CUT A BIG HOLE IN OUR HOOD SO WE CAN BE JUST LIKE A DYNO RUN. YOU ALL MUST BE ON DOPE"

One reply to Joe:

"Hey Verdone/Joe/etc.

Be sure you have lost any and all business from me. I have a '02 Z06 on order and have already spent $2,000 and am buying some long tube headers and X-pipe soon, so make that $3,000. Your attitude alone has turned me off from you and your company. And I know what hp is... Stop talking down to future customers and share what you know in a polite way such as Jim is doing. If your not willing to do that, then go away!!! Bashing folks, talking trash, and calling names just makes you look like the bad guy and juvenile... <--- this coming from a 24 year old as well!!!"

If you guys are interested in new intakes, why not look at what the supporting vendors like RG in Dallas, Breathless, Donaldson or even Halltech have to offer.

This guy, has proven nothing to me except his distain for this forum and its members.

If his system is truely a ram air system, it will also be a ram water induction system. Think about it.

Jim Hall
I think you have the wrong guy. I think Joe Verdone is from here http://www.verdone.com/ and that's not the Vararam folks...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just looked at that "Joe Verdone" site, he douesn't even offer Corvette parts:-? :-? :-? :-?

Oh well! lots nof Vendors out there, lots of products out there, I guess time will tell!

Time for a :guiness: !

Regards to all!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts