Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't buy it. It sucks. :mah: It's impossible to apply without getting it on the paint and wheels. It has to be the worst applicator I have ever seen. I even tried it on a 75 profile tire and still went all over the place! And it's so thin it runs from the tires and gets all over the wheels too. I like that it's not sticky, and gives a nice new tire look but unless you want to spend an entire day trying to get it on the tires it's not worth it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Maybe try a different applicater like a terry cloth cleaning towel or a small paint brush (foam or hair) so the amount applied can be controlled better.

Sometimes when a product is thin, do a small area at a time and have another cloth handy to catch any drips. Also have clean cloth handy to immediately buff each small area instead of attempting to do the whole tire.

·
10,998 Posts
I use a slightly curve sponge that I got at Autozone. I spray the sponge and apply the shine to the tire. It makes it go further and eliminates the overspray. It will not solve the problem of a thin chemical that will fling off easily after the tire gets spinning. :z:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried using a small terry cloth and it just absorbed most of it and was hard to get it on evenly. I tried a brush and as soon as the brush touched the tire, the dressing would run and drip all over the rim :( If a product takes so much effort to apply properly I will just look elsewhere :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts