Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Dusters are available?

everytime I have a dust on my Z the only remedy I thought was possible was washing it, but I've seen people wash a California Duster just to wipe off the dust when the car is fairly clean otherwise, does that hurt the paint? It looks like it does a good job, any advise? thanx,

luis

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use a California Car duster and it works great. I do not apply much pressure at all, only lightly drag the duster over the dust or pollen on the car. The also make on for the inside (much smaller and a plastic handle), like the dash and other tough to reach areas. Mine has not scratched and it only seems to be good for the day or maybe one day after the wash to remove dust.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quicksilvermd said:
I use a California Car duster and it works great. I do not apply much pressure at all, only lightly drag the duster over the dust or pollen on the car. The also make on for the inside (much smaller and a plastic handle), like the dash and other tough to reach areas. Mine has not scratched and it only seems to be good for the day or maybe one day after the wash to remove dust.

Good luck!

thanx, which brand do you have? where did you get it?

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
EFI-1 said:
Another California Duster user here....good stuff.
Yeah, you can't have a black car without one. :yeadog:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I have two of the full size California Dusters (one in the trunk and one in the garage to prep before I take it out). On a black car, it gets used 2-3 times per day when using the car. I ordered the first one direct from California Dusters, but found them in Ace Hardware for a cheaper price. Also have a small one to use on the wheels, door jams, etc. :thumb:

Bob :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
California Duster here also :z: :z:

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
California Dusters Rock. I can go much longer without washing the car.
Luis - you can get them at Pep Boys or many other stores.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Bought my California Duster at Wal-Mart, great price.

Jack

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
California Duster here also :D

Works great on black :thumb:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Working good for me so far, twice a day before work and after. I also just lightly dust not much pressure. Paid 9 bucks for it at wal mart

·
Registered
692 Posts
they say the dirtier it gets the better it works.i've used the same one for years.i just shake it out before each use.i have seen plenty of them used on show cars with five figure paint jobs.if you wash it,throw it in the trash.it is treated with wax to hold the dust/pollen.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gasboy said:
they say the dirtier it gets the better it works.i've used the same one for years.i just shake it out before each use.i have seen plenty of them used on show cars with five figure paint jobs.if you wash it,throw it in the trash.it is treated with wax to hold the dust/pollen.
Boy am I glad I asked :jammin: If I didnt ask I would of washed it in a few weeks after use, good save :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts