Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody make a DVD/Nav system for a C5?

I have one in my cadillac and it's a life saver. I NEED one for my corvette now.

The one I have in the cadillac folds into itself when the GPS is not in use so it looks like a cheap ol head unit. Really neat. Its a Pioneer Avic N1 mode.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Any one cosider useing the Delco unit that come in the GMC Deneli? Just wondering if it need the OnStar unit to make it work?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I have the IQ3600, with the 1gig, and have all the US in it, along with my contacts. But I'm in the process of looking at a BMW/Land Rover Mk4 unit. I will have to remote locate the DVD and radio units. But that may not be a bad thing, But the BMW logo coming up on start up may freek some. I'm hoping that I can get in to the Disk and add a Vette Jpeg.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I want that AVN 2454...... where can I get one??

I like the fact that it is in dash and doesn't cover the vents to.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Chirodan said:
I want that AVN 2454...... where can I get one??

I like the fact that it is in dash and doesn't cover the vents to.
Take mine off my hands then. I have another one coming and need to part with this AVN 2454. Comes with new wiring harnesses.

Dixit
[email protected]

·
Registered
17 Posts
You could install something like this.

I am using a touch screen monitor connected to a PC that supports DVD, NAV, MP3, FM & TV.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dixit,

what are you replacing it with? Something like that, I think I would rather have new, but PM me w/ a price anyway.

danny

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
never-l8 said:

I am using a touch screen monitor connected to a PC that supports DVD, NAV, MP3, FM & TV.

how much did this touch screen monitor cost ya?looks like something i will be very intersted in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Resist said:
never-l8,

What's up with your console trim, it looks all dulled out.

I repsrayed it with SEM texture spray and this is how it came out. I am in the process of pulling the panel and shipping it off to a company to refinish the panel back to its OEM look.

Mr Kool if memory serves me correctly the monitor was around $400 . It is a Xenarc 7" touch screen mounted without the bezel.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Chirodan said:
Dixit,

what are you replacing it with? Something like that, I think I would rather have new, but PM me w/ a price anyway.

danny
Replacing it with the limited production model that Eclipse came out with a built in Harddrive for your MP3s. It wont be sold in any stores because its limited production and pre-order only.

Im looking for $1500-1600 for the unit.

Dixit

·
Registered
102 Posts
never-l8 said:
I repsrayed it with SEM texture spray and this is how it came out. I am in the process of pulling the panel and shipping it off to a company to refinish the panel back to its OEM look.

Mr Kool if memory serves me correctly the monitor was around $400 . It is a Xenarc 7" touch screen mounted without the bezel.
Where did you find this SEM texture spray from? Can you acquire it anywhere?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dixit said:
Where did you find this SEM texture spray from? Can you acquire it anywhere?

Any auto paint supply place "should" carry it. You can get it two different ways. One in a spray can the other in a quart can. I used the spray.

The part number for the spray can is SEM Part #:39853.

In my opinion it is a cool effect but it does not stand up to high traffic areas very well (ie: center console). I have been referred to a place that will retexture the panel back to factory OEM style for a fair price.

I just need to find the time to pull the panel and send it to the place and have it done.

:cheers:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would love to see more pictures of this , where the pc is located, how you did the install..

I would like to do a similar setup (except no MS Win..)

Thanks

never-l8 said:

·
Registered
17 Posts
RatedZ,

Give me a bit and I will get some pictures hosted. I have to run out to a meeting but I will post some more pictures tonight.

The PC is mounted behind the drivers seat on top of the amp rack. The install of the monitor took about 40 hours of labor total to get to the current level of fit and finish. I sent the console out to be refinished so that it matches the interior much better than it did with the SEM texture spray.

What OS/machine are you planning on using?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts