Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if Dynatech makes something to replace the Cats in their header system for track use? And, if so, will that cause the rear O2 sensors to constantly throw codes?

TIA

·
Registered
203 Posts
RalphP said:
Does anybody know if Dynatech makes something to replace the Cats in their header system for track use? And, if so, will that cause the rear O2 sensors to constantly throw codes?

TIA
Dynatech doesn't currently offer off road pipes for their headers. I have heard of people having them made though.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
405HP_Z06 said:
Dynatech doesn't currently offer off road pipes for their headers. I have heard of people having them made though.
Thanks: I guess one way would be to buy a set of extra Cats and clean them out, but seems like a waste.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
A Custom muffler shop can make what you need. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
RalphP said:

TIA
Ralph,
Mark and I are going to make a 3" catless center section
for my car sometime in the near future with a true X-pipe
just like the dynatech one but all in 3" tubing. I just need to get some flanges that match the flanges on the collectors so everything will bolt up nicely. As far as the rear 02 sensors, just get Peter to edit them out with LS1 edit. Greg edited mine out when he tuned the car after the cam and head
swap. I will keep you posted when we do this and let you know how it works out. I was just going to gut my cats, but Mark talked me out of it for obvious reasons. I'm not sure
when I'll have the time to do this, as business is taking just about all of my time right now, but I will have it finished before the fest. :yeadog: Jim

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good
Is your muffler section 3"?
If not then I am not sure how worthwhile it is to do a 3" center section.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I might call them if I get a chance. Dynatech sells the headers by themself without the center section. They would have to have a flange to mate to the stock exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts