Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were some impressive numbers from the cars that showed up for the dyno day in Worcester, MA. yesterday. I'll let each member post their results befor I go ahead and spilll the beans as to who had what numbers, but lets just say I was VERY impressed with the numbers on these cars, especially the T/R 01 that had better numbers than my 02 (with only a Blackwing). Not sure if I buy that though, because he let me drive his car so that I could see how the Ripper shifter felt, and that was one QUICK car. ;) . It was a great time with a great bunch of guys and gals (actually gal). Hope to see some banner pics posted soon. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Now, Now, paitence is a virtue. It was a great day, and we had a lot of laughs. It was wonderful to meet the half dozen or so folks that came, very nice to put faces to the names.

I will be putting the dyno day video segments together on Monday when I get back in the office and will get them posted for everyone to see...

It was a great time, and the guys at NE Dyno did a great job...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
wish I could have been there. No vette to run, but would have been a blast to check it out. maybe next year.... It is gonna be yearly right????

·
Registered
596 Posts
See my post in the banner section. There is a link to some pictures. Including a picture of my Dyno run. It was a lot of fun. I am happy with my Blackwing!!

It was especially fun to drive down with a group and pull in and see all those Z06's together. What a good bunch of folks!!

Dean did a great job and his helper was a really good youngster!!

The burgers and dogs were good too.

Mark, I'm sending you a private message with what I think is a nice picture of your car. I am using for my wallpaper, I hope you don't mind. I love those chrome wheels on the torch red. You will be costing me money!!

I can't wait to get together with some of you again!
By the way, IMHO, the best sound was the Mag Red coupe with the Corsa exhaust.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Thanks to Dan for taking great still pictures and Mark for taking the Video and editing it. But I do say it felt a little wierd when your spinning your wheels at 140 and all you can hear is the exhausts with no hands on the wheel and talking to Dean and his helper who were standing right next to you! One thing I noticed is that everyone has been taking great care of their rides! I felt like I was in a candy store! :cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gentlemen,

Joann and I had a great time yesterday at NE Dyno. Nice people. nice cars. Also, thanks to Dean, a real car guy who runs a quality shop. Now for some numbers on my stock 02: First pull gets me 340.8 hp. As it turns out I made a rookie mistake of not burying my foot on the gas because the next two pulls I get 355.8 and 353.9 ( both SAE corrected). I'm happy. I also brought my 99 six speed coupe with the Donaldson filter and Corsa exhaust and got 316.1 SAE hp.

Steve
02 MY Z06
99 mag. red 6spd

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As far as number go, my first pull was (these are all SAE Corrected) 342.1, next pull was 345.2, and my final pull was 348 even. My car was running really hot for some reason, (needle was at 235) so I think if it was cooled I could have done better. My car only has 2100 miles on right now, so I'm hoping a few more ponies show up after a few more miles. All in all, not too bad. At least I know that it has more than the advertised 405H.P.
Uncorredted numbers were 349.4, 352.1, and 354.2 :cool:

P.S. Z06M3's car is a MUTANT!!!!! That is one powerful Z. It's gotta be the M/Y paint :D

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
To biggy-back on Dan and Dave's messages, I really enjoyed meeting everyone, and the drive out was a great time. Finally being able to see what a Z looks like on the road (looking at the one in front of me and the one behind me, rearview mirror) was very cool.

Seeing all the Z in one place was awesome. Dean at NE Dyno did a great job.

The ride out was much fun, especially when Dan made the Saab driver cry (I think I saw tears as I blew by him) when he simply dropped the Z into 5th and said "bye-bye". Overall a great day, can't wait to get the videos of the various pulls done and posted, hopefully by lunch tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I have the Videos done

I have dyno run videos for the following cars:

Mike's 01 MY Z06
Steve's 99 C5 Mag Red Coupe with Corsa Indy
Paul's 99 Camaro SS with Borla and other mods
Dan's Torch Red 01 Z06 with the Blackwing
Dave's Black 01 Z06 with the TRIC

Email me at:

[email protected]

if any of the owners would like copies. I have submitted copies of all the pulls to JC for posting in the media clips section.

Mark

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Not a problem, it was quite a bit of fun to hear all these machine at WOT...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
mdickie said:
Not a problem, it was quite a bit of fun to hear all these machine at WOT...
Mark your last name sounds familiar. I'm from Burlington, MA Do you know any Prendergast's?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was a great time and a special thanks to Dean and Jeff for the top notch service. I'll be going there again when I get some mods to the Z. It was also great to meet the rest of you guys as well. Good group of people all around.

My car is a bone stock 2001 MY Z06 w/ 8100 miles. Here's the numbers. (I'll post the chart in the Performance Data Center as soon as I can scan it):

(SAE Corrected)

Run 1:
334.0 HP / 335.9 TQ

Run 2:
338.3 HP / 339.4 TQ

Run 3:
338.7 HP / 338.7 TQ

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts