Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just took my car in to More Performance in Charlotte this morning for dyno tuning. Top notch bunch of guys there. Anyway, here's the results:

She's a beast!!!! I love it!

·
Registered
830 Posts
:jammin: Cool ENJOY!!! :jammin:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I love the way the kit looks.

Alex :jammin:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Congrats...another hot Vette in the neighborhood. :cheers:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Nice numbers and a good looking setup!!

Did they give you any reason why they dynoed at STD vs SAE?

SAE figures are usually a much more accurate picture of your results and is easier to tune with.

Just curious??

Mike

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Mike when I had more tune mine because it was too rich they first did it in std and then I had them do it in sae ! I'm not sure why Mike at More does this !

Rob

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
What RPM is the rev limit set at ? Mine is set at 6k and was still climbing ! I need to forge !

Rob

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Very nice numbers...congrats! :coo:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great numbers! Congrats. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
MikesZ06 said:

SAE figures are usually a much more accurate picture of your results and is easier to tune with.

Just curious??

Mike
What difference does it make? This is a serious question because I really don't know...as far as the final # is concerned.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Wingnut said:
What difference does it make? This is a serious question because I really don't know...as far as the final # is concerned.
Wingnut, this is the best I can tell you....

SAE (Society of Advanced engineers) has set out certain standardized correction figures.

STD converts actual power readings based on 29.92 in hg pressure and 60d F temp.
SAE converts actual power readings based on 29.23 in hg pressure and 77d F temp.

So STD always corrects to better, cooler air so the numbers will always be higher.

STD will always be about 4% or so higher than SAE

Normally, tuners use SAE figures to more accurately gauge the increase/decrease numbers produced by adding or subtracting different mods to the engine or exhaust.

That's the best I can describe it.

Mike

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
hey Mike... maybe it's to make their numbers look better ! i know they told me that my car with it's mods couldn't male 600hp and 502 tq but I proved them wrong !

Rob :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Congrat's on the HP up-grade, very nice
install/numbers :cheers:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
MikesZ06 said:

Just curious??

Mike
Well, they just toggled between the two when I was done. SAE it made 608whp/501tq. So there isn't too much difference, but the STD looks cooler :guiness:

Hey, for that matter, where are all you local guys hiding (LKN, Concord)?? We should go for a cruise one weekend up 181, or the parkway or something.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts