Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have completed mods on my car (for now). My aim was to regain the HP and torque lost to the altitude in Denver. I think I have succeeded.

Thanks to all the great info on this site, I was able to research supercharging vs. H/C options and make the decision that would suit me best. :cheers:

The charts are a bit confusing because I never had a "Stock" dyno run. So, the lower plots represent the run with SuperMaxx headers/cats/x and Vararam plus tuning. The higher plots are with the addition of the H/C package. Numbers (corrected to sea level, etc.) are hard to read so:

LT/VR HP/TQ = 361/366
H/C HP/TQ = 439/425
For comparison to stock, I was told a stock Z runs 335HP on this dyno.

The car runs great! Mildly lumpy idle at 900 rpm, good drivability with no surging and I was guaranteed to pass Colorado emissions. The sound is pure sex (can I say that here?) Package includes my heads ported, larger valves (2.08 intake valves), custom grind cam, Ti retainers, double springs, hardened push rods, port matched intake, ported throttle body, billet double roller timing chain and ported oil pump. :z:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I like pure sex..............Good numbers

Greg

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Nice numbers, Congrats :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Don Benson said:
Rob,

I agree. That is the best hp:tq ratio I think I have ever seen from a H/C package. :yeadog:

Don

I agree...normally the tq numbers are around 400. Those are great numbers! :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts