Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go to the local shop with a dynojet today and do a couple pulls in the '02 Z06. The car was a little hot when it went on the dyno jet and that seems to have sapped a little power from my pulls. The first run the water temp was about 218 degrees and the second pull immediately after the first the temp was creeping to 230 degrees at the end of the run. The shop was in a hurry and I didn't have a chance to cool it off. First pull was 356.6hp and 350.7 tq- corrected 347.9 and 342.1. Second pull when it was really hot 352.0hp and 351.7tq-corrected 344.0 and 343.7. My only mod is the T-1 intake. Considering the heat and obvioulsy these things don't like a lot of heat, I am happy with the results. Also, I put the ripper shifter in my car today. That is a nice piece and makes the 2-3 shift a breeze and impossible to miss. With the factory shift knob there is a little resonance during acceleration but it is quiet during cruise. I may install an aftermarket knob once I make a decision on which one to buy.

Stephen.....'02 EB/Black

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Those numbers sound pretty good for the water temp readings. When you say T1 intake, is that the Halltech sidewinder?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yep, those high water temps severely hurt you numbers if your numbers were down in the 340s with a sidewinder. You went to a best scenario of 365-370rwhp down to the 340s..that is a big drop.:(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the Halltech Sidewinder is the intake I have. The high water temp during the run definitely sapped some power.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Roger Ramjet said:
Also - Halltech did their post mod pulls with the hood open and without WOT learning miles.
How do you feel that would effect the results either positively or negatively?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Obviously, the hood open will lower inlet air temps and raise the observed (raw) HP. The real problem is the dyno correction sensors. In order to get true corrected numbers the sensors must sample the same air that the engine sees. This is why I always use my own temp and humidity gages at the air intake to correct the HP myself. You don't have to worry about the baro pressure - it will be the same anywhere around the dyno facility.

As far as the WOT learning thing, I don't know. I suspect that some of the post mod gain will disappear after LTFT 22 re-adjusts. We need someone who has done a pre-mod dyno, a post mod dyno, and then have driven the car for a month and re-dyno with no additional changes.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Roger Ramjet said:

As far as the WOT learning thing, I don't know. I suspect that some of the post mod gain will disappear after LTFT 22 re-adjusts. We need someone who has done a pre-mod dyno, a post mod dyno, and then have driven the car for a month and re-dyno with no additional changes.
I should be able to come up with that info in the next month or so..I initally put a Halltech on my car after about a 20 mile relearn and dyno it at 366rwhp from a stock reading of 354..I am going to redyno it next month so I will give you a different answer to your question

·
Registered
238 Posts
Roger:

I did a pre mod dyno on my '01 and then after a HallTech Sidewinder Install. Used Altered Atmosphere in Gaithersburg. The results were very much of a bummer. Looks like I gained about 6 horsepower, computer adjusted for weather (I guess), since the tests were 2 weeks apart. Have to go back on Monday to review the graphs again with the shop to be sure I'm reading everything correctly.

I'm bummed.

Gary

·
Registered
837 Posts
gnoub said:
... Looks like I gained about 6 horsepower....
Gary,

Altered Atmosphere is the shop I use for my reference dyno. My before and after with the Halltech Tric showed +10 rwhp and +15 rwtq.

I suspect you may not have gotten a full relearn by the pcm. Describe your driving between Tony's install of the Sidewinder and the 2d Dyno.

Ranger

·
Registered
803 Posts
Have Weather Station - Will Travel

gnoub -

If it's a DynoJet, see if they will give you a copy of the PEP files to E-mail to me.

I have a recording weather sensor that will fit next to the air intake. If you feel like redoing the tests, I will help with the analysis.

My suggestion is to go back to the stock intake system now and do some relearn driving. Then go to the dyno to rebaseline the car. While there, install the T1 and measure the change. After a serious driving relearn, do another dyno pull. Sure wish I knew exactly how LTFT 22 gets updated.

I'm going to be at MD Performance next week for another project. If that fits your schedule at all.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ranger:

The usual, mainly hard. But not too many miles. About 150 -200 max.

Added the Hallteck, drove home 2 miles. Covered the car and went out of town. Came back and thereafter, just a few days of evening cruises. Mainly the speed limit, but foot in it to get to 60.

Roger:

MD Performance is very very close. Let's talk.

Gary

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Roger...Gary, if y'all meet sometime at MD Performance, let me know, I would be more than happy to join you guys!! :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mike -I'll keep you informed.

Gary

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The water temp problem is SO easly solved with a lower temp stat and manual switch for the high speed fans. Honestly I don't understand spending all that cash on an intake without spending the 100 bucks on a stat and fan switch. Try it you will be pleased. Ric

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mike:

I've heard a lot of good things about Second Street Speed, a Dyno Tune shop about 30 miles north of Philly. I'm thinking about going up there when I find an MAFT that works. Might be a nice ride. They want $150 an hr to tune and they claim to need 2 - 4 hours to do it right. I'm going to call them tomorrow.

Roger/Ranger: Have you heard about these guys at all? There site is www.secondstreetspeed.com. Not much to look at tho.

Gary

·
Registered
238 Posts
PowerShifter:

Do you have any pics of your' 67?

Gary

1 - 18 of 18 Posts