Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just ran the 02' Z on the dyno at FunFest. Here are my best #'s.

Max Power..... 352.6....(414.82) divided by .85
Max Torque.... 344.2....(404.94) divided by .85

The car is bone stock, laying down some real good number I think, any coments? Here I come mods!!!
Mike

:D :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mike,

Congrats!! Nice #'s!! :cool: Be sure to post your sheets in the Performance Data Center. If you need help, let me know. :)

I'll be rolling into the Funfest tomorrow at 7:30 AM with several members. Join us...or if you can't make the time, we wil be at the Snow Cone booth at 11:00 AM. Look for the Z06VETTE.COM Banner!! :D

·
Registered
528 Posts
Awesome! how many miles do you have on your Z?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car has 4400 miles on it. I know alot for an 02 but i was broken in perfectly. Hey Frank, I could swear i heard you guys were meeting at the Pilot?

See you in the AM,

Mike

·
Registered
680 Posts
:cool: I want my 02 Blue :) About 3 weeks and counting:D :D

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Yup,

I even saw the dyno sheet in the window of the car. I told a buddy of mine about it, we went back over to look at it and the Dyno sheet was gone. oh well

Mike, I'm sorry I did not get to meet you on Saturday.

Joe

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill try to get the dyno sheet posted sometime this week if i get time.

Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good numbers. I need to take mine in soon. Getting real curious as to what the numbers will be. :D :D

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Steve, I'm looking forward to seeing your results. One can hope that ALL stock '02s can put out 350+ on the rollers. From what I've seen, many stock '93-95 ZR-1 do 350+ too, so that would validate the fact that the new Z is truly a 400hp car. But with 400 lbs less weight, NO CONTEST!!! Dare not mention this over on the you-know-what net. :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Comparison

dsinned said:
Dare not mention this over on the you-know-what net. :lol:
Dennis - What I'd like to do is take both cars to the dyno at the same time so that there can be no compaints about temp differences or dyno maintenance being done. I just need to talk my wife into it. Could be expensive. :eek:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Heck, I'd even volunteer to come down and help you out Steve. It's only 400 miles one way to Bakersfield. Then, the hard part, are you up to posting the results on "that"other net? :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
dsinned said:
Heck, I'd even volunteer to come down and help you out Steve. It's only 400 miles one way to Bakersfield. Then, the hard part, are you up to posting the results on "that"other net? :D
Sure would. I'd post the ZR1 results and then say BTW... :D :D

·
Registered
568 Posts
Does anyone have dyno results for a ZR-1 they can provide (text table is best)? Stock preferred. I want to run some vehicle sims between the two cars.

I've asked on the ZR-1 net but nobody coughed up anything. I've also searched on google quite a bit. I'm surprised there aren't more (any) results around..

For those of you heading to the dyno, I suggest taking a floppy disk with you to get both your graphs and the raw/corrected data.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Brian, there is a "brag sheet" on the ZR-1 Net website. Go to the following link:

http://www.zr1.net/ZR1_performance.html

There are a number of "stock" rwhp and rwt peak measurements given for all six model years, 1990 thru 1995. My former Z is also listed there (350.1 rwhp) from a dynojet test conducted about 4 or 5 years ago, but not representative of stock. BTW, some of the data on that site is inaccurately reported I happen to know, so take it with a grain of salt. :roll:

It seems to me that the stock Z06 vs. stock ZR-1 dyno results correlate fairly close. There is additional correlation for early (90-92) vs. late model (93-95) ZR-1s to 2001 vs. 2002 Z06s. There is also a disproportionate no. ZR-1s seemingly well below factory spec. The "average" S-T-O-C-K-E-R late model ZR-1 looks to be indicative of less then 30 extra horses claimed for the LT5 starting in 1993.

Similarly, from early reports, I think the 20hp bump for the 2002 Z06 is also not as apparent for those few s-t-o-c-k 2002 Z06s that have hit the rollers so far. GM must have a developed a habit of sandbagging on first edition models.

The funny thing to me is that most ZR-1 owners are very easily biased toward a driveline loss factor of 16% or more . . . all in the name of better bragging rights of course. :p

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
My Vette Dr's modified '93 ZR-1 pulled 395 rear wheel on a Dynojet - those results were posted in a performance section of the ZR-1 Net.

But, I swear, the SOTP of my '02 with only a Vortex system feels stronger and quicker. I am sure that it is at least partially because of stronger tranny gearing and 400 less lbs...

Car goes on the dyno tomorrow, so the truth will be known, excellent, good, or bad (I'm not even thinkin about ugly)!! :eek:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can't wait to hear how my car's twin runs on the dyno. I should be able to do mine next week. I've been waiting for the temps to get back down in the 80s here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts