Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I live in the UK and we all know they do things different. So can I convert the BHP reading I got today of 305(at the wheel). It seems low if I go by everyone else’s dyno readings (345 at the wheels). The report said I was pushing 350 at the flywheel. Thanks for the help Josh

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
The first time I had my car on a dyno I got a 309 at the rears, but I later found out the clown was in 3rd gear which is where you dyno a 4 speed at.
The Dynojet shuts down at 140 mph that is why you dyno in 3rd with a 4 speed and in 4th with a 5 or 6 speed.
Maybe this is why your numbers are so low.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The question I have is, I thought no Z06's were built for export. UK, did you buy your car here in the States and then have it transported to GB?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Silver Z06,

I'm aware of the Z in Germany. I'm just wondering how they got them?? There is always a way around things. I'm thinking they purchased the vehicle here and had them shipped overseas. I really don't know, just curious of the process.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am in the military so I purchased the car in Delaware and had it shipped over for 547 dollars. The Air Force has an agreement with the UK that each Air Force member can have one tax free (no custom fee) vehicle. The car must meet British laws. Usually the only thing you must change are the turn signals in the rear, they must be amber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts