LS1 Edit programming

After tuining
RWHP - 375.93
RW torque - 365.91

How do these numbers look?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That's one hell of a gain. Who in South Florida did the tune? IMO I believe some of that increase is Dyno magic. :z:

·
Registered
186 Posts
check this out,

just picked my car up from 21st CMC yesterday. with only halltech trap, ls1 edit and cool thermostat, andy tuned it to 379.6, let's just call it 380!

that's a 30 hp increase from the baseline dyno ran that morning.

thanks andy and everyone at 21st! how'd i get so lucky to live within 15 miles of the best z06 shop in the country?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
:zboobie: I bet you could tell one hell of a difference? It must seem like a different car. And if it doesn't those numbers aren't correct. Some one did a nice job picking up that kind of number on a stock engine.

D.J.

·
Registered
382 Posts
These gains are amazing on bolt on Z's. Are you guys tuned pretty lean? Also,anyone have experience with tuning on 01 Z's with mild bolt on's and gains?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
This is what I experienced with my '01. All of the dyno runs were on the same dyno, by the same operator over a period of about 12 months. All of the numbers are corrected as well.
Most of my parts are from Breathless Performance (BPP) of Fort Lauderdale, FL. Ernie also did the installations and the tuning.

dyno run stock: 340 rwhp & rwt

bolt-ons: BPP Vortex Rammer, BPP long tube step headers, BPP street x-pipe, 178 t-stat, Borla Stingers, BPP custom tune.

dyno run after all bolt-ons:
385 rwhp 387 rwt

dyno run after tuning:
403 rwhp & 407 rwt

I gained over 60 rwhp & rwt. The torque curve was pretty flat. It was at 400 rwt by just over 3000 RPM and held steady until about 5500 RPM. The horse power curve was pretty broad and was just under 400 rwhp at 5500 where it crossed the torque curve. The fuel ratio was between 13.6 to 12.5.

Don

Keep in mind, this was an '01. Everyone knows (thinks) they are power deficient. Yeah right...

OutlawDon said:
These gains are amazing on bolt on Z's. Are you guys tuned pretty lean? Also,anyone have experience with tuning on 01 Z's with mild bolt on's and gains?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts