#1 ·
FUBU....

fcalmes....

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

See less See more
#5 ·

On 2001-05-31 20:51, Candyman spewed forth this drivel:
I am indeed impressed, everyone I run with keeps telling me to go with donaldson. I must think more on this

Trust me, the Donaldson lags behind no other air filter out there. Use it with the cold air cover and watch out!

#6 ·
I got my car dynoed at Breathless bone stock and I think I'll probably go with a Donaldson. Maybe someday I'll get a chance to redyno after the intake and see what kind of difference.

Comparing my dyno to FCalmes and Fubu's is interesting cause it not just the increase in peak hp but how the hp is over the entire powerband... must be quite a ride in those cars with only an intake and exhaust.

With only the B&B PRTs and Corsa Indys being the only difference between the two, seems to be about even as far as hp and torque gains with either exhaust.

Don
QSZ06

#7 ·
After I have my X pipe installed I'm going to have my Z dynoed on the Dynojet system with the win pep software and lets see what happens. FRC Tom was kind enough to point me in the right direction. All the ram air or cold air systems will give you a good JOLT! FUBU69/LES CUT THAT SHROUD! LOL

G
#8 ·
Guys ... that is funny how your RPM Max Power is higher then mine, which on my sheet says 5550 RPM ... I did 345.4 HP and 355.3 @ 4550 RPM - on the same dyno, a day before ... I guess you guys told breathless to adjust their dyno didn't you? Hehe .. I have heard so many stories about those guys, I dunno who's #'s to trust .. this is why I only trust a more reputable dyno, a DynoMax *such as Cartek here in Jersey has* - not that Mustang Dyno Breathless was using at the Cruise-in ...hmmmm.. May I add that the Z06 rev-limiter kicks in at 6400 RPM - to save belts and pulleys .. , so I guess it's safe to say I did 365 HP @ rear wheels ... something like HallTech claimed with their TRIC - which I also have installed - at the crank, putting me at 415-425 HP area? Who knows .. will post true #'s soon.

#12 ·
Vince, we have no baseline/delta, correct. Frankly I don't trust the numbers. I did a little due diligence with the help of our very own FRC TOM. He knows alot more than anyone I know. In fact Frank and I did the math and calculated 424hp at the crank! No way my Z is is doing that #! Regards,Les

#15 ·
#s mean nuttin. FUBU and I dynoed for the fun of it!! It was an "E" ticket ride at Disney World!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif Where else can you go 140 MPH sitting still?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'd do it again and wouldn't give a damn what the #s were. Fun Time!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

#16 ·
Dyno's differ place to place if they don't correct for all variables of weather and altitude.
So it is hard to compare different dyno's to one another sometimes.

#17 ·
Jim, here are Frank's and my Z06 #s from the CF Cruise In from this past May. I ran over 360 HP with 372LBS of torque. Frank and I both have complete Vortex Systems. I run with Corsa Indys and Frank with PRTS. We watched several Z's on the Dyno that day including RATS. Rat and I ran about the same. Please note that Rat and I had just installed the NEWLY designed carbon fiber Power Duct from BPP. We also ran on BPP Mustang dyno. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif FUBU69/LES BTW I will be probably going with your Sidewinder/Tric combo on my current '02 EB/MOD RED Z06 that I have been driving for over a week. Just waitng for your results. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

#20 ·
I had my car dyno'd bone stock a few weeks ago at 330/330 SAE. I'm putting in a Vortex intake, BPP Power Duct, and Corsa Indys this week. We're doing a dyno day here on the 8th of Sept so I'll let everyone know exactly what those mods will get you on the Z since they are so popular.

This is on a dynojet dyno...which was showing to be very accurate and not overly optimistic.

#21 ·
NetJunkie, the Dynojet from my understanding is NUMERO UNO! FRC TOM has pointed out to several of us that it is important that the Win Pep software is used in conjunction with the Dynojet. Les /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif BTW Make sure you purchase the latest BPP Power Duct[Carbon Fiber and updated design]. I understand there are a few old style units still out there.

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

#24 ·
FWIW, if you are talking about carbon fiber for Vortex - Ernie from Breathless Performance told me last Friday that they no longer stock or sell the carbon fiber. They do offer a carbon fiber laminate...

#26 ·
Man, I love watching you guys on the dyno, maybe some day I'll get onone. When I see the vids of it, I can't help but think, "wonder what would happen if those straps broke?" /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Anyone ever hear of such a thing?

'Dogs

'02 Blk/Blk Order #DKDRQG / Seq # 01165 / TPW 7-16-2001

DELIVERED 7/31/2001 w/ one mile on the odo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.