Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at the dyno curves in the data center. some of them look really messed up.

The car should be dynoed in 4th gear. The reason for
that is 4th gear is a 1:1 ratio and will give the least parasitic loss in the drivetrain. Also, I believe the rear end ratio needs to be input to correct for torque multiplication. On a dynojet, there also needs to be an inductive pickup connected to one of the plug wires for RPM.

Im just wondering what conditions other people were dynoing at. Im not familiar with mustang dynos, but have been on several dynojets.

Alex

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I dyno'd my car last weekend at MTI in Houston. I will be posting my sheets as soon as I can scan them. It was dyno'd on a dynojet 248C. They dyno'd the car in 4th and there was a lead on the wires to measure rpm. They did not input gear ratio, it derived a number from rpm to wheel speed. I saw several cars with factory rev limiters that were dyno'd in 2nd and in 3rd to get a better idea of what the curve would look like. But you are basically right in your observations. What did you see that looked out of place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts