Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friends just opened their race shop here a few weeks back and the Grand Opening/Dyno day was today.

I pullled 363/358 with just a Corsa exhaust.

I have a vid I will post a link too later and I will post a pic of the dyno sheet.

I will prolly post a link to my friend Seans SS, he's a mechanic there. He pullled 490 something on his all motor 383 T56 SS before and was around that today.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Ya she pulls hard. Now I need to decide on what route to mod her, either all motor or ati procharger. No stock C6 Z06 is gonna out run her. :p

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Great numbers! What kind of dyno was used? :guiness:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Are those corrected SAE numbers?

Because my car did 363 rwhp too at a dyno day, and I was all excited :D But then I learned that was an actual, uncorrected number, and when I got the correction factor for that day (it was a cool, dry day), my corrected number was 353 rwhp, so I had only an "average" Z06 :(

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
You got a keeper with those numbers :coo:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
#'s to be proud of with a stocker, for sure :cheers:

Jack

·
Registered
373 Posts
Good#'s Pat.

Get Kean's twin turbo kit coming up or the 427. :yeadog: :poke-poke:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I am gonna get off my lazy bum and see if I can get the video hosted. :jammin:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yeah, their dyno does provide corrected numbers and a/f ratio too. It's an in ground dynojet, I forget which model number.

As most folks have experienced, dyno numbers vary from type to type and place to place. I got mid 370s on a dyno jet with out a tune. That being because the dealer just applied the column lock recall. I have not had the car re-tuned since the computer re-flash.

On a mustang dyno I got mid 380s with out a tune and 400 rwhp with the tune. The tune from Breathless netted 18 rwhp with my mods.

The difference between those particular mustang and dyno-jet systems was somewhere around 10 rwhp.

pat03z06 said:
Yup they are SAE corrected.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Z06ified said:
Are those corrected SAE numbers?

Because my car did 363 rwhp too at a dyno day, and I was all excited :D But then I learned that was an actual, uncorrected number, and when I got the correction factor for that day (it was a cool, dry day), my corrected number was 353 rwhp, so I had only an "average" Z06 :(
You know we have come a long way when average and Z06 are used in the same sentence. Good numbers :thumb:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was about 50 that day so it was a good day to dyno, except the crappy rain.

So I tried to get the vid off of my camcorder, which I have never used before and if I cam playing back on the camcorder I get sound.

But when I connect to the tv or computor via an S-Video cable I get no sound. :eek2:

Anyone have a camcorder that plays mini dvt that can rip the vid off for me :cheers:

No wonder the guy gave me the camcorder. :roll:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
DOH Svideo doesn't have sound on it. :lol: DOH.

Or does it. :eek2:

Ah ha. I found the secret panel hiding the connectors. :bang:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Its modding time now Pat. What's first/next? :)

:nudge-nudge:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts