Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to Chris seems like a very knowledgable and good guy...Would like to have some of you who have had a motor built by ECS chime in, with your mods and result. I am looking at a forged short block and changing to a D1 blower to produce about 650 rwhp....I want the car to be completely reliable... :cheers:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
db, that sounds great brutha!!

So far, I've heard nothing but good reports on ECS!
My only suggestion would be some good dished pistons and AFR heads to lower your CR. That will make your rwhp goals a snap :jammin:

Best of luck on your project. Keep us up to date on the progress, will ya.

Mike

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
The guys at ECS fitted my D1SC back in October. They know their stuff and are fun to work with. I would highly recommend using them.

Takin mine back to ECS in May for a forged 383 and AFR head/cam upgrade.

·
Registered
596 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
Talked to Chris seems like a very knowledgable and good guy...Would like to have some of you who have had a motor built by ECS chime in, with your mods and result. I am looking at a forged short block and changing to a D1 blower to produce about 650 rwhp....I want the car to be completely reliable... :cheers:
All I can say about ECS are nothing but good things. I run a 447 with well over 600+ to the rear wheels and they are the best HANDS DOWN!!! You can send me a PM for further discussion about this matter not to get into a thread war. :guiness: Mario

·
Registered
967 Posts
Been talking to Chris for over a year now, and have decided on they're 447 ci also. (Was also considering a 383 D1-SC).
447ci should be ready in about 6 weeks.... :sneaky:

Spoke with several tuners, and I found ECS to be the best!
Most honest and good hearted tuners I've spoken to.
And more importantly, they love what they do!

Won't spend my hard earned money anywhere else... :thumb:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
robiferretti said:
I am getting my forged motor from ECS. Now turbo or SC i am begining to think! :(
I hear yah ...So many choices, wish i had an unlimited budget ...Can you imagine????

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I haven't had a motor built at ECS but when I do they are going to be the shop that I will choose. If you decide to go with Chris,Doug and Mark you won't regret your decision.

·
Registered
967 Posts
robiferretti said:
I am getting my forged motor from ECS. Now turbo or SC i am begining to think! :(
There is no reason for :(

Only :crazy: .... :thumb:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys will plan the bith of this monster now.... :zboobie:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
brian ns said:
I haven't had a motor built at ECS but when I do they are going to be the shop that I will choose. If you decide to go with Chris,Doug and Mark you won't regret your decision.
Got to agree, they run a first rate operation. :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts