Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got to try out my winter improvements at the track yesterday (DRM ducts, better brake pads, chassis plate, and Toyo RA-1 tires) and either my ability improved dramatically over the winter or these upgrades are quite impressive. At the end of last year, I was running in the PDA blue group, always in the top five. Yesterday, I owned the group :jammin: Didn't matter where I started, I just walked through the traffic with ease and several of those present were much faster than I last fall. Needless to say I am sold on R compound tires, I was just amazed at how well they held, when dry and also when wet later in the day. This hobby is well on it's way to becoming an obsession... :yeadog:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Backlash said:
Well I got to try out my winter improvements at the track yesterday (DRM ducts, better brake pads, chassis plate, and Toyo RA-1 tires) and either my ability improved dramatically over the winter or these upgrades are quite impressive. :
Tom,

I think that you are like a fine wine...you got better with age. :lol:

Sounds like a worthwhile day off to have some fun. :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
oh yeh! you ROCK!!!!

I am jealous, I love Pocono.

I am on a NON stop travel schedule with work, I was just in my office trying to find ONE wknd free to squeeze a DE in before June, don't think it's gonna happen:(

·
Registered
61 Posts
blkZ06,

C.A.R.T. (www.cartct.com) will be hosting three events at Pocono this year. May 13th (north course), 8/1 (south course) and 9/1 (north course) there are three dates you can try to make. To much work isn't good for you. Take a break, clear your head with a day of hot lapping and a time trial at the end of the day. It'll be good for you.

Brian

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
b91857 said:
blkZ06,

C.A.R.T. (www.cartct.com) will be hosting three events at Pocono this year. May 13th (north course), 8/1 (south course) and 9/1 (north course) there are three dates you can try to make. To much work isn't good for you. Take a break, clear your head with a day of hot lapping and a time trial at the end of the day. It'll be good for you.

Brian
hey thanks for the dates, am going to see if I can fit one in :thumb:

Most of my schedule is flying Mon-Th or Fri, then back somewhere again on Mon so it makes it tough!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yup, you were on fire Friday. Faster and faster each session...definite continuous-improvement methodology ya got there!

There was a really strange exhaust resonance when I was following you early 4th session, between your exhaust and mine it was making my ears ring. It gradually went away as you opened up the gap...er uh yeah that's the ticket, I wanted you to get away from me!! :)

The weather was a real mixed bag on Friday. Lots of gravel on the track just before the turn onto the speedway section also, darn apex-clippers kept tossing more out there each lap.

I spent the evening changing the oil, swapping back to my HP+ street pads, bleeding the brakes, and checking for gravel damage...just a few chips in the undercarriage coating, no dings.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blkZ06 said:
I am on a NON stop travel schedule with work, I was just in my office trying to find ONE wknd free to squeeze a DE in before June, don't think it's gonna happen:(
I know the feeling, I have blocked off dates for most of the PDA events on my work calendar and am trying to stick to going. So far I have turned down two work meetings due to conflicts with time off. As b91857 implied, all work and little play has been way to much of my schedule the last two years. This summer the goal is to work on seat time.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Backlash said:
I know the feeling, I have blocked off dates for most of the PDA events on my work calendar and am trying to stick to going. So far I have turned down two work meetings due to conflicts with time off. As b91857 implied, all work and little play has been way to much of my schedule the last two years. This summer the goal is to work on seat time.
ME TOO! that sounds like a GREAT goal :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts