Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2004 silver Z06 yesterday. Only has 2,600 miles on it. There were no screws (bolts) in the rear license plate area. What size bolts are used to attach the plate? Went to the local GM dealer and they didnt know. (dah) Also, since Montana requires both license plates to be displayed, how to I remove the "corvette" covering the front plate?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Remove the front cover by removing two screws from either the top or bottom, can't remember. Just push up/down and you'll see them. As for the rear you can get the correct screws at any auto parts store. Enjoy the new ride!!

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Electron Blue said:
Remove the front cover by removing two screws from either the top or bottom, can't remember. Just push up/down and you'll see them. As for the rear you can get the correct screws at any auto parts store. Enjoy the new ride!!
The front cover unscrews at the bottom. Look in the space between the cover and the bumper, er, fascia.

BTW - Nice color choice :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats on your new Z06 and Welcome to the Forum. :z: :z:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Congrat's on the new Z :coo: , welcome to the forum :cheers:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
When my 04 came in it had screws with points on the ends, not flat ends, like regular plate screws. The black plastic cover the back plate screws into comes from the factory without any holes. I used a cordless drill and bit and screwd them in, like self tapping, when i put the plate on. You already have holes there and should be able to use regular plate screws from any parts store.

Jack

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Thanks to all. It is nice to get such quick responses. I have owned a number of vettes, best of all was a silver 1966 427 4-speed coupe. Classy looking, but not near as quick as the Z06. I have to get up to speed on the functioning of the Z. I know a lot about the classic vette, but at my age I now want to enjoy them rather than showing them.

Thanks again for the responses!!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Nice car :thumb: Have fun! :zboobie:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I go to ACE and get Stainless. I'll get the exact size tonight. Used Chrome in the past but gotta match the frame. On the black Z, I use black anodized. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have never had an officer say anything about not having a front plate, even though they require them.

Of course I always obey all speed limits... :p

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
scotts said:
I have never had an officer say anything about not having a front plate, even though they require them.

Of course I always obey all speed limits... :p
My no front plate ticket (by a county mounty in the city at 10:30 am on a Sat morning) was dismissed by county atty, but it was a hassle nonetheless. I now wear the ugly thing. I think the Deputy missed his donut that morning. He couldn't find any other criminal activity. No front plate was pretext stop. When he found no other criminal activity, a warning would have been more appropriate than a ticket and the waste of court time and county attorney time and my time to get it dismissed not to mention the letter I sent to County Sheriff with the facts in case he wanted to commend the Deputy or do something else. Turns out the Sheriff said I should have gotten a warning and he'd take care of it. Haven't heard anymore. The canyon between Helena and Great Falls is fun in warm dry weather. I'll be in the electron blue Z-the one with the front plate.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the SILVER Z :thumb: and welcome to :z:
Enjoy the ride! :jammin:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Congrats on your Z (great color btw). Welcome to the forum. :thumb: :z:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts