Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My EB with mod red interior is due to arrive in a couple of weeks. I was brainstorming ways that I could make the red interior "flow" better with the blue exterior.

I am thinking that along with the red calipers, "Z" in the 405 HP badge, and side marker that I may add a torch red RK sport side gill and paint the black on the rear cooling ducts torch also. I can cover the painted inlets with 3m Scothchcal (stongaud material) so they do not pit ansd show black. Opinions? I may also place red acrylic "Corvette" letters in the front license plate cover and the rear fascia also to complete the look.

Your opinion is valued and please don't flame me :cheers:

Thanks,
Paul S.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Paul, I think your plans to add more red to the car would make an EB look even more elegant. You have my vote of approval. :p

While your at it, don't forget to pick up a copy of the book 'All Corvettes Are Red' in keeping with your chosen color theme.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The red lettering sounds great along with the rear brake cooling ducts, I can picture it now.............

But, personally, I do not like the RKSport side gills, just not my style, but if you like it, go for it.

All in all, two big thumbs up. :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
I like the idea of the red lettering, that will look great. I don't like the idea of the Rk grill or painting the break duct. Be very cautious when painting the duct. It will pit or get nicked. It would probably look great at first but 2000 miles down the road you are going to have to paint it again. Have you thought of some red BSM's?

The one after market part I can't believe has not been made for a Z06 is some kind of replacement, other than stock, for those crappie rear ducts. Just my .02

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
EB click on the WWW at the top of this post it will take you to my home page. Scroll down to the pisc and click on the link that says great E/B Z06 with Mod-Red int. Let me know what you think.:D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I too don't really like the gills. But I like the idea of the lettering.

I would also suggest a couple of different things. Perhaps a grand sport stripe on the drivers front fender. Those are red.

Also, I would go with some more red pieces inside the car - shift boot, console lid, door bezels, emergency brake, shift knob.

You were right with your subject, be careful not to be lumped into that horrible category of ricer (unless that is what you want)

chris

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kevslinolel - I think you missed it in my initial post but I said I would cover the red painted break duct with 3m Scotchcal. This is the same material as "Corvette Armor" or Stongard or any other nearly invisible front end bra. It will completely prevent pitting and is waranteed for 4 years against discoloration. :)

Rick - Thank you for the link but I've already seen these pics. I love the mod red interior and do not think it looks in any way rice like alone. What I am wondering is if the overall vehicle will look like rice with my proposed appearance mods.

Chris J - The last thing I want to do is make an American legend look like a bad import mod. I am definitely considering more red accents in the car from Ken King. I really like them. :D

--------
Paul S.
TPW 9/17/01

·
Registered
680 Posts
Pretty Cool Rick:cool: I really enjoyed the "preview":D However, my mine was made up long ago right after I saw Les's EBlue/ModRed:D I was skeptical at first :eek: But now I am a true believer, and think this is an AWESOME Color Combo (Thanks Les!) :cheers:

I Love my Z!:D :D :D ......I just know I will Love my EBlue More:z:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts