Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've seen this too, I'd be interested to hear a 'real life' experience. Makes sense, but seems too easy...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Save your money for something worth buying. This is a mod I wouldn't do.

Alex

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Whipdan said:
Crud...I was hoping I could buy this and do the zip-tie mod and have 1hp/$1....lol
The zip-tie mod is well worth it. I like it - you should feel slightly better throttle response. Besides, it didn't cost me anything, I already had some ties in my junk.

What mods do you have done?

Alex

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No dis on the zip-tie. I know this is worthwhile. I haven't done any mods yet. I have researched quite a bit but, as you know, opinions vary on everything. I'm looking at intake (can't make up mind on blackwing or halltech). Headers/hi-flow cats and remainder of exhaust stock. Would love SLP Loudmouths and Motorsport black wheels but this all appears to be "bling" with actual loss of performance with Motorsport wheel weight. Might paint the lower "butt" black...if you can call that a mod....

If I round up some money...I'd probably look at a Magnuson before I break into the motor...

Any advice would be appreciated....

oh...there is a 3.73 rear end I can get for around $700...???

·
Registered
55 Posts
I did it for $4. Go to homedepot and look by the compressors. There is a repair kit to repair 1/4" hoses. Cost $2.95 comes with a barbed connector and hose clamps. Then go to the autoparts store and buy 12" of 1/4" hose for $.96 and thats everything you need for under $4...

There is really no power gains, but it makes taking the throttlebody off and on eiser... :cheers:

·
Registered
34 Posts
It advertises a 6-8 HP gain and a .3 sec drop in 1/4 mile ET. Hmmmm those numbers don't quite add up.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Save your money or DIY :screwy:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
You can do this mod with $5 worth of clamps and a tube from Auto Zone or equiv.

If you live in the South and/or don't drive the car when it is below 40 degree's or so it is a worthwhile mod, but it doesn't ADD power - it can't. However by not heating the T/B with radiator (220 degree) water you are allowing cooler, and therefore more dense, air into the T/B, so by not heating it you are not REMOVING power - if that makes sense. How much power is heating the T/B costing you? Maybe 1-2, maybe .. but as a "free" mod I did it when I lived in Atlanta, and I won't be driving it in the cold here in St. Louis, so I will likely leave it bypassed - If you live North of the Mason Dixon I WOULD NOT do this mod, as the cold air can freeze very quickly on the T/B blades, causing a lot of problems.

Les

1 - 10 of 10 Posts