Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 40.00 piece of foam from ecklers .
Called a compartment divider.
I cant believe this.

I will show pics. soon

:lol:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Well at least it must be pretty light ;) I was actually thinking of making one out of foam and covering it with cloth or carpet. But Andy if your price was a bit cheaper I would probably buy yours.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Having not received my car yet, I am somewhat unsure.. But I think I want a partition that is easily removed.

So I do expect to mock up a partition with foam to see how I like it in general, and how I would make it removable.

How about it Jim, you planning on doing any carbon fibre partitions??;)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I just ordered one myself. If its that bad, I'll just use it for a template to make my own and send this one back for a refund.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It does look like it could easily be wrapped with black carpeting material. Is this a soft cushion like foam?

Raymond

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carpet is available 99.00

I dont see how your gonna seam the carpet though .

This is from a designers standpoint though.

Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
:lol: that *is* funny. When you said foam, I was thinking rigid foam like the stuff Owens Corning makes, 2" thick R-10 insulation. I think that stuff would make a nice partition when covered... The Ecklers "nerf" partition on the other hand is just funny.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I could really use that foam Partition.....

...I wash my car about every other day and that could really save me some time. One swipe over the top, along each side and the rear and I would be done!

Send me 2, one for each hand. Send me 3 and I can carve a vette out of it and wear it, I could be a real vette head. Better yet send me 4 and I can tape it to the dash and shut off the airbags. Send me 2 more and I'll tape them on the doors instead of the "strip".

Better not send any, my wife would probably try to suffocate me in my sleep with it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Re: Carpet is available 99.00

ANDY said:
I dont see how your gonna seam the carpet though .

This is from a designers standpoint though.

Andy

I'm sure an upholstery glue could be used to glue on the face of the foam board. The seams could also be folded, and then glued along the 2.5 inch edge. You'll never see the edges because it is compress fitted onto the sides of the trunk.

Raymond

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have the rigid partition that you see advertised from $325 to $400. I don't think I would want a foam job myself. It would be flexing and distorting, and look pretty cheap. It might sound deaden pretty well however.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I just can't decide on which partition to purchase..

..To solve the problem I'm going to Home Depot and buy some spray in Urethane Insulation and just fill the whole back of the Z06. This way I won't have to worry about it anymore. When it hardens it may even stiffen tne chassis!

I Love the sound! I love the noise! That's why I bought it!
Does anybody know where I can get a tailpipe microphone to hook up to the speaker in my helmet?!

Just turn the frig'n radio up. If the wife complains, kick her out!

Huh? whad'd you say?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Re: I just can't decide on which partition to purchase..

DJWorm said:
..To solve the problem I'm going to Home Depot and buy some spray in Urethane Insulation and just fill the whole back of the Z06. This way I won't have to worry about it anymore. When it hardens it may even stiffen tne chassis!

I Love the sound! I love the noise! That's why I bought it!
Does anybody know where I can get a tailpipe microphone to hook up to the speaker in my helmet?!

Just turn the frig'n radio up. If the wife complains, kick her out!

Huh? whad'd you say?
LOL :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Uh, oh.

I ordered one last week. On Saturday (yes, Saturday) I got a call from the chap from Ecklers and he told me that since it was to be shipped directly from the factory that we couldn't do 2nd Day delivery. I said "fine". I then asked him if it had a laminated surface. He said "wait, I'll check". Came back and told me it was laminated with "something" :-?. After seeing the photo it is nothing more that a 2.5" piece of polyurethane foam (I'm in the plastic foam business).

Perhaps a thick layer of that Spray Hair (used for bald spots) might do the trick :lol:.

TRF

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Ecklers $40 partition installed pics

Pic of left rear side view. It seems it covers well to the end. But yes we are talking about $48 shipped for a piece of foam. I'll have no problem making a nice template out of this, to make my own carpeted version. I'll be driving down to FL this w/e to see how it works. See the other pics in the following posts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Mickey Mouse Club

This thing is pretty Mickey Mouse IMO :D. Just don't get into a situation where you might have to slam the brakes on with anything in the cargo area -- otherwise you might be wearing it :D.

Like someone else suggested, guess you could always cut it up and use it for a washing pad :D.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts