Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've purchased quite a few thing from them in the past, however, this time I'm going to have to speak out.

I ordered a partition late Saturday night and immediately realized I would not need it, thanks to Joe. I called them and the lady told me that it isn't a problem and that I should call back Monday morning. I also sent an email right away cancelling it.

I called this morning and the lady says she can't cancel my order. Bad news travels fast, much faster than good. Talk about poor service.

Just had to vent. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
So how much do you want for the new/used partition? :p

On the serious side, have you talked to someone in Management. The last time I had a problem with them they not only straightened out, but took 10.00 off of the bill. :cheers:

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
I think it would make a nice wall hanging :D

I have bought a ton of stuff from various venders. (Mainly Corvette Garage!!!)

But I have never found Ecklers to have good prices.

I have never bought anything from them and now well , you know :mah:

I hate piss poor service. Sometimes I will pay a little more for something just because the service is good.

·
Registered
133 Posts
sorry to hear about your experience. I had the same ordeal with Tbyrne over his Dynatech Header GP. I ordered a set and immediately canceled the next day because I decided to go with LG's instead. The headers had not shipped and all they had to do was delete the order from the computer. I was STILL charged a 10% restocking fee for canceling my order even though they were running a GP and had many other people lined up to purchase the headers. It cost me $116.90 to have them simply delete my purchase from their computers. They have lost a lifelong customer from me AND my family of mulitple Z06 and F-Body owners. I could care less about the money, i have the rest of my life to make more, it just really pisses me off to be treated like that.

The really sad thing is im usually always the one to defend them on here since they had always taken care of me. It hurt that much more to be treated that way after standing behind them for so long.

Dave

·
Registered
882 Posts
Quality seems to be an issue. Another vette buddy bought a cover - it looked like it was put together for a "trapezoid" vette. Then he ordered a trunk lid cover, and the logo was crooked. They did take the returns and refunded the charges. Eklers pricing is at list, very few deals. :eek::

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Cancel the order with the company and call your credit card company to dispute the claim.

Thats what I would do...

Its not like you didn't cancel the order within 24 hours...

They are BS-ing you in my opinion...

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JBsZ06 said:
Cancel the order with the company and call your credit card company to dispute the claim.

Thats what I would do...

Its not like you didn't cancel the order within 24 hours...

They are BS-ing you in my opinion...
I got a call from Dawn, after I left a message for her to call me. She was apologetic but didn't seem to help me much. She only said I could refuse the item when it got here. Doesn't help me with the shipping. Oh well, no more business for them.

I called my credit card company this morning, I have to wait 48 hours to dispute. I'm calling them on wed since they didn't send my order thru until this morning.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
reproman said:
Quality seems to be an issue. Another vette buddy bought a cover - it looked like it was put together for a "trapezoid" vette. Then he ordered a trunk lid cover, and the logo was crooked. They did take the returns and refunded the charges. Eklers pricing is at list, very few deals. :eek::

Maybe if they stopped publishing a new catolog every freakin' month (same stuff - different cover) they could save some marketing dollars and funnel it to areas that there might be a few weaknesses!

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Norm, just refuse the shippment so you don't have to pay the return shipping.

Joe

PerforminNorman said:
I've purchased quite a few thing from them in the past, however, this time I'm going to have to speak out.

I ordered a partition late Saturday night and immediately realized I would not need it, thanks to Joe. I called them and the lady told me that it isn't a problem and that I should call back Monday morning. I also sent an email right away cancelling it.

I called this morning and the lady says she can't cancel my order. Bad news travels fast, much faster than good. Talk about poor service.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've had a bad time with them as well. I won't buy Sh*t from em anymore, plus the prices are MSRP + HR (Highway Robbery).

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Dave, that is really low what TBryne did in handling your cancellation of the header GP. :bs: The word has gotten out! If you look at the deals he posts, usually there are some looks but O replys. :roll: He's washed up here! :bang:

Bob :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Blue2002Z06 said:
sorry to hear about your experience. I had the same ordeal with Tbyrne over his Dynatech Header GP. I ordered a set and immediately canceled the next day because I decided to go with LG's instead. The headers had not shipped and all they had to do was delete the order from the computer. I was STILL charged a 10% restocking fee for canceling my order even though they were running a GP and had many other people lined up to purchase the headers. It cost me $116.90 to have them simply delete my purchase from their computers. They have lost a lifelong customer from me AND my family of mulitple Z06 and F-Body owners. I could care less about the money, i have the rest of my life to make more, it just really pisses me off to be treated like that.

The really sad thing is im usually always the one to defend them on here since they had always taken care of me. It hurt that much more to be treated that way after standing behind them for so long.

Dave
Did you get the cancellation problem solved? :eek:

I too have ordered from them in the past, and will spend about $2k in the short term. If that is their customer service, please confirm to the group! Thanks, :roll:

·
Registered
133 Posts
no its been about 3-4 months now and still nothing. I asked the girl on the phone if it would be possible to put that as credit towards a future purchase which i was totally open to so they would be guaranteed the money in the long run but she still said no. I immediately emailed tom about the issue and never heard another word. I have since gone through Corvettegarage for all my parts, which sucks for Tbyrne cause since then myself and my family have purchased 4 different cat backs for our cars, random brake parts and what not....you get the point. It just sucks to be treated like S$%T from a company i had such high regards for. Id never say a bad thing about the company because i dont believe in bashing someone for their mistakes. Ill just spend my hard earned money elsewhere. And my family will do so as well.

Please dont let my misfortune stop you from purchasing from them. Ive had many successful purchases and called them numerous times for information with no problems. This one incidence just truly upset me and ill never do business with them again because of it.

Dave

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Partition deal!

Hey Norm

I can help you on your partition ordeal-Guaranteed!!!

We do Tubbed,Untubbed,Rollcage Mods etc etc....And It aint no foam cushion for your butt.Real Partition built by real professionals.Call or email me and I would love to help a down man out.

Btw-If anyone here ever had a problem with one of my partitions or any product I represent,I would do what ever it takes to make them happy.

:z:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Tell the ignorant S_ _ _ she doesn't have to cancel it because you already did. :flaming: :flaming:
That is no way to run a business.

PerforminNorman said:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I've ordered a few things from them but, their prices are always so high. Now that I hear this...no need to order any thing else from them.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Hey Norm, I should have mentioned Andy's Partitions, but figured you knew about them. I have one and it's great...Andy is the best to work with. Sure they cost more than the foam crap, but your Z is worth it. The others belong in a Cavalier. FYI. :thumb:

Bob :D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
That is no way to run a business... not a successful one. :NoNo:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Norm,

call Ecklers back and ask for Mike Wilson.

He's the person that makes the final decsions at Ecklers.

Make sure you mention there is a thread on this site regarding your dissatisfaction etc.

Mike is a reasonable guy.

PM me if the issue remains unresolved.

Les

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
ANDY said:
Hey Norm

I can help you on your partition ordeal-Guaranteed!!!

We do Tubbed,Untubbed,Rollcage Mods etc etc....And It aint no foam cushion for your butt.Real Partition built by real professionals.Call or email me and I would love to help a down man out.

Btw-If anyone here ever had a problem with one of my partitions or any product I represent,I would do what ever it takes to make them happy.

:z:

:yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

My is great! thanx Andy :thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts