Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I really got sick of lugging around a Garmin 2610 in my car. Will all the wires for the Garmin and the iPod I managed to make my interior look more abysmal.

This is what I started with:

Dash apart

Installed

Rear Camera

The pictures are slightly exagerated in that I had the camera angled so I could show the notches. When sitting in a normal driving position, you will not notice the cuts.

Now I need to figure out:

1- how in god's name do I get my iPod integrated with this thing? Fujitsu Ten does not make an iPod intergration "brain" that I am aware of. Does anyone know if an Alpine KCA10 would work?

2- any recommendations on a sub and speaker enclosure and where I would mount it? I was thinking I would like it to be behind the rear seats, that way it could act as a partition -- and I don't want to lose the trunk space. Any thoughts or pix of setups like this?

-N

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
looks great. I'm not sure about the IPOD but you can always put the amp and box on the deck right behind the seats. BTW did you have to do any kind of mods on your radio bezel to make it fit?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pauln64 said:
looks great. I'm not sure about the IPOD but you can always put the amp and box on the deck right behind the seats. BTW did you have to do any kind of mods on your radio bezel to make it fit?
The inside of the bezel had to be trimmed and the dash had to be notched. There are two tabs that sit inside the tunnel that had to be trimmed.

It's a great head unit. Very happy with it, and again the pictures do not do justice to the install. It really looks pretty damn factory.

Now I just need an amp and a sub.

-N

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks great! Good to know a double-din unit can be made to fit in the dash. I never much cared for the GM "height and a half" ~1.5 din head units, as it limits your aftermarket options.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Very nice. That's just what I'm looking for. Clean install !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts