Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The PCM it is in the right front fender behind the right front wheel. Make sure to unhook the battery, then put the front up on jacks stands and take off the RF wheel. Remove the black plastic cover directly behind where the wheel is (about ten 7 mm screws) and take the cover off. The PCM is behind that. Two wire bundles screw in the bottom of it. Two screws hold the bracket that holds the PCM in. One in front is easy to see. The other in the back is impossible to see unless you take the whole quarter panel off. If you take the easy to see screw off, and loosen the back one about half way, then you can pivot the bracket far enough out to get the PCM out without having to remove that pesky back screw. Installation is opposite. :cheers:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Be careful!
The Traction Control Module sits in the same compartment and is in front of the PCM as you are looking through the opening!!
I had some wires in the TCM bundle chafing on the PCM case and sending my car into limp mode for no apparent reason :-?
Lots of wiring in that little cubicle!
Why do you need to access it, if I may ask??

Ken

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
need to take it out for a ball park mail order tune.I have it apart but it seems to be stuck in place the two bolt bracket is off what next?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
luvsvettes said:
need to take it out for a ball park mail order tune.I have it apart but it seems to be stuck in place the two bolt bracket is off what next?
Did you losen the bottom of the fender and pull it out and get the 7mm bolt behind it?

The PCM slides into a bracket attached to the frame that has to be removed. The bolt on the left can only be reached by pulling out the bottom of the fender.
Pull out the screw on the bottom and on the inside 2/3rds the way up from the bottom is another bolt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so the 2 bolt bracket is loose but theres another bracket to take off as well?or is my ecm just stuck?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts