Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone that came. About 25 in attendance. Rain scared away a few I suppose.. It spit for about 30 seconds in the afternoon and other than that the weather was perfect!!! Thanks to ECS for providing the space, the lifts and the tools. We worked on about 10 cars or so.

More pictures soon. :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Thanks for sharing :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
624 Posts
looks like you guys had a real good time. i wish i could have gone, but I did not have a ride down since my car is out of commission

pix look great

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Cool pics! Look like a lot of fun. :coo:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It was a good day which went by SO QUICKLY!!!
Everyone is so nice, as usual. It was nice to meet everyone.
I'd also like to thank ECS for hosting & use of the lifts/tools. I'd like to thank everyone who "guided" me thru a swapping to front ceramic brake pads...
I'd also like to thank Don Benson publicly for organizing & preparing most of the food & for cooking. He makes a mean skewer & burger!
Chris,Doug & Mark are great, in fact, Mark had the entire rear end/t. tube & front rack out of his car in like 20 minutes!!!!
All in all, a great day w/ many great people.
Ron

·
Registered
806 Posts
Looks like good times!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
It was a good day which went by SO QUICKLY!!!
Everyone is so nice, as usual. It was nice to meet everyone.
I'd also like to thank ECS for hosting & use of the lifts/tools. I'd like to thank everyone who "guided" me thru a swapping to front ceramic brake pads...
I'd also like to thank Don Benson publicly for organizing & preparing most of the food & for cooking. He makes a mean skewer & burger!
Chris,Doug & Mark are great, in fact, Mark had the entire rear end/t. tube & front rack out of his car in like 20 minutes!!!!
All in all, a great day w/ many great people.
Ron
See what happens by hanging out over "here" rather than over "there"....just a better class of people. :D Seriously, it was fun manning the grills today and making sure everyone had good hot food to eat. :yeadog: Also nice to see everyone show up and just hang together, even if they weren't having anything done to their car. Tom/Backlash was his busy self, as usual doing an 04' shock install for Tom F. and Robz was also helping others check/clean their filters in their intakes. I know I've missed a few others, but these guys have been great contributors to our forum and show their comeraderie at helping others at these events. :cheers:

Don

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Keep them coming :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Shame on you Joe for posting my engine bay it's supposed to be top secret! :lol:
Thanks for putting it all together and I hope your back feels better Joe.
It was a pleasure meeting all of you guys.
As usual Don Benson was a master at the grill as usual, I was just disapointed that Don didn't bring the bagels and lox! :lol:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yes, it was a very nice time! I did't do any "mods" this time but, it was good seeing everyone again.
Great "steak on a stick" Don! PM that recipe as promised. My daughter and I really enjoyed it.
Glad the weather cooperated! See everyone in Atlantic City tomorrow! :z:

Thanks to all involved!............Ed

·
Registered
993 Posts
Don Benson said:
See what happens by hanging out over "here" rather than over "there"....just a better class of people. :D Seriously, it was fun manning the grills today and making sure everyone had good hot food to eat. :yeadog: Also nice to see everyone show up and just hang together, even if they weren't having anything done to their car. Tom/Backlash was his busy self, as usual doing an 04' shock install for Tom F. and Robz was also helping others check/clean their filters in their intakes. I know I've missed a few others, but these guys have been great contributors to our forum and show their comeraderie at helping others at these events. :cheers:

Don
wish i was there with all of you looks like you had a great day :z: love the pics can we see more :thumb: don were is over there :crazy: JJ engine looks scary i think you will need 2 set's of seat belt's for that ride :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Great pics Joe, looks like everyone had a good time...

Mark

·
Registered
874 Posts
Great time today guys, It was neat to finally put faces with names. Chris and I just returned from AC setting up the dyno for the Kerbeck Corvette show tommorrow, man it's been a long day!
Thanks to Chris and Doug for having us, Five0 Joe for hosting, Don Benson for grilling and to the LI guys for the bagles. :thumb: Just for some info, at 9:00pm Mark was just about to install his motor. Also, if anyone needs a brake job done on their Z, I know this dentist from Staten Island who is an expert! :lol: Oh, and Tom(Backlash), your wife called the shop, she seems to be missing some vacum cleaner parts. :D

Hope to see everyone again soon! :zboobie: :z: :usa:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Big thanks to everyone that put this together and ECS for graciously loaning us their shop for the day.. I had a great time today even though I found out that my header was completely crushed :( ... So much for that "hole" that the dealership told me about..

Don, Rob, Tom, Doc, George... It was nice to see you all again, but I think thats the last time I go for a drive with you guys (I love my license too much).. You guys are crazy, I thought I drove fast, but apparently not.. Steve, I think we're going to have to discuss this bike racing further, I need to get it out of my system while Im young and heal quickly..

Mr. Benson, the next time I have a party up here in westchester you'll have to be our chef.. Forget using the car to pickup the ladies, with BBQ skills like that, you'll clean house.. Actually on second thought, instead of having Rob and Steve teach me how to salvage a Vararam filter Ill have you teach me how to cook... Your married anyway, you can't have more then one lady in your life..

Thanks again guys..

John

1 - 20 of 58 Posts