Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a deposite for a ECS basic supercharging kit. Chris told me that they don't use P1 heads any more all they do is D1 and that is all they use from teh ATI kit everything else including a Single intercooler (instead of a dual stock one) is custom made in house. Just wanted to see how many ppl have this setup and what are there , if any, issues with the setup. I will be running around 5-6lbs of boost. Also i am not getting the headers and exhaust done this time will that have much impact on the setup?

·
Registered
967 Posts
MrKool said:
I put a deposite for a ECS basic supercharging kit. Chris told me that they don't use P1 heads any more all they do is D1 and that is all they use from teh ATI kit everything else including a Single intercooler (instead of a dual stock one) is custom made in house. Just wanted to see how many ppl have this setup and what are there , if any, issues with the setup. I will be running around 5-6lbs of boost. Also i am not getting the headers and exhaust done this time will that have much impact on the setup?
I was considering the D1 setup myself.
If your using it on a stocl LSx motor, I wouldn't go much beyond 6 lbs. unless you like flirting with the engine 'god'..... :blush:

Your much better off with the D1 than the P1 IMO for various reasons. Chris is a S/C guru, so listen to his advice. He won't steer you wrong.

If your going FI, your exhaust becomes very important.
Not changing your exhaust will leave a good 2 to 3 dozen ponies on the table. But don't sweat it. There's still more than enough HP with the D1 to keep you :eek: .....
And when you want a little more, just free up your exhaust for another mild boost!!! Damn I love FI'ed.... :crazy:

Good luck with your project, and keep us updated!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that is what i heard :) i am not backing out i just wasnted to see if there is somethign one wished to have done diffrently after getting the ECS package installed. I am trying to learn from other MISTAKES :)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I have ECSs D1SC supercharger kit on my Z06. Got it installed last October. They did a great install and I would highly recommend their work.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I also have an ECS D1SC. Excellent kit and excellent guys to work with.

Good luck trying to only run 6 pounds.. lol

Mark

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I also have the D1SC kit from ECS and love it ! I drove 10 hrs to have Chris tune and Doug to install ! They are good people ! I don't have any regrets except that I want more HP now :yeadog:

Rob :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts