Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here's a coulpe of pics that Chris @ ECS sent me today on my build.
The motor is an all forged 382 stroker with a c/r of 9.4.1.
AFR 225 heads with Comp 921 springs.
Injection will be taken care of by an Aquamist system.
Aussie clutch, hardended out put shafts and a DTE tranny brace.
Fuel is being taken care of by a ECS custom fuel system.
Cam is a special grind turbo cam.
Car is going to be tubbed and my rear wheels are beng sent back to HRE to be widened.
I'm probably going to run a full 3" exhaust back to my Borlas with hi flow cats.
Blitz dual solenoid boost controller and an oboard wideband O2 with a bunch of other features which I can't remember the brand name that Doug runs in his car.
Car is going to be set up at two boost levels 9 psi and 14.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Jay,

Lookin' good, bro. :thumb: Some real progress from Wednesday, even with all the time these guys spend on the net. :lol:

Don

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don Benson said:
Jay,

Lookin' good, bro. :thumb: Some real progress from Wednesday, even with all the time these guys spend on the net. :lol:

Don
Thanks Don,

you know I don't spend much time her but at the other place on the dark side.
I was browsing the forums here and I came across an AFR thread............... boy I can't beleive the sh*t some of these guys talk.
In the box out of the box heads vs. ported LS6 heads. If I felt that i could have gotten more bang for the buck using my LS6 haeds by sending them to someone TEA I would have gone that route. Now on the other hand I'm sure I'll be happy with my vanilla out of the box 225's and yea I know they can to more if I sent them out to be tweaked.
I'm going to have problems with putiing down all the power I have to the gound.
Doug wants me to put skinnys on the car with a set of slicks and feels we'll have no problems getting into the 9's.
I'll be down at the shop this week to drop off my stock hood which BTW the paint looks better on it than the car!
I'll call you and mybe we can hook up.
BTW how much did Tony from AFR credit you towards your 225's for all your PR? :rofl:
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
jersey jay said:
Thanks Don,

you know I don't spend much time her but at the other place on the dark side.
I was browsing the forums here and I came across an AFR thread............... boy I can't beleive the sh*t some of these guys talk.
In the box out of the box heads vs. ported LS6 heads. If I felt that i could have gotten more bang for the buck using my LS6 haeds by sending them to someone TEA I would have gone that route. Now on the other hand I'm sure I'll be happy with my vanilla out of the box 225's and yea I know they can to more if I sent them out to be tweaked.
I'm going to have problems with putiing down all the power I have to the gound.
Doug wants me to put skinnys on the car with a set of slicks and feels we'll have no problems getting into the 9's.
I'll be down at the shop this week to drop off my stock hood which BTW the paint looks better on it than the car!
I'll call you and mybe we can hook up.
BTW how much did Tony from AFR credit you towards your 225's for all your PR? :rofl:
:cheers:
9's, right? Hmm, with a stick, no less. Now that would be impressive. :cheers: There aren't to many tuners turning out TT cars with sticks (save for maybe LPE) that are consistently in the 9's.

As for the AFR's, all I can say is if they were as bad as some would have you believe they are then Tony would be sitting on a whole bunch of them. As it is, I've heard that certain tuners are upset that they can't even get these heads fast enough...that means production can't meet demand. :yeadog: Hmmm...what does that tell you? I guess AFR's suck...a whole lot of air. :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don Benson said:
9's, right? Hmm, with a stick, no less. Now that would be impressive. :cheers: There aren't to many tuners turning out TT cars with sticks (save for maybe LPE) that are consistently in the 9's.

As for the AFR's, all I can say is if they were as bad as some would have you believe they are then Tony would be sitting on a whole bunch of them. As it is, I've heard that certain tuners are upset that they can't even get these heads fast enough...that means production can't meet demand. :yeadog: Hmmm...what does that tell you? I guess AFR's suck...a whole lot of air. :thumb:

Don
I'm only repeating a coversation I had with Doug about being in the 9's. so if I'm in the low 10's with a trap of 140-150 won't be so bad either :cool:
Time will tell Don.
P.S I want some more danish! :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
ET is all about launch. You'll definitely have the MPH to get into the 9's. It's all about putting the power to the ground.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
mdhmi said:
ET is all about launch. You'll definitely have the MPH to get into the 9's. It's all about putting the power to the ground.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark,

You are absolutely right on this. I'm just bustin' on Jay. :yeadog: That car is going to be a handful, whether on the street or strip. I've seen Paul's TT at the track many times, and even he's had his hands full with driving it while it was a 6-speed. I think with his move to an automatic the full potential of his 1000+ rwhp will finally be realized. :cheers:

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts