Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basiclly i am trying to decide on which one i want to do i heard that the tt is no good in the summer and i want 99% of performance all year round. what do you guys think?

Pete

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
How about 447 with nos ! Chris and Doug can hook you up :jammin:

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Both have their disadvantages & advantages.

TTi will create heat issues in the hot summer days, but power's alway's available.
NOS just works when it's on, which will usually not be more than it is, but likely more reliable if done right.

You'll likely have to determine which advantage/disadvantage will suit you better.

If your looking for a regular strip car, I'd go with NOS.
If your looking for a cruiser with infrequent romps, I'd go with the TT.

Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
573 Posts
After seeing that video of that yellow Z06 catch on fire from a nitrous backfire I think I would stay away from the nitrous.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Racer Z said:
After seeing that video of that yellow Z06 catch on fire from a nitrous backfire I think I would stay away from the nitrous.
Any power adder installed poorly can have catastrophic outcomes.......

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just had a C5R blocked 427 installed back in December. The car drives great and has been reiable. The only downside is I have already gone through a set of rear tires.

I have a reiable 500+ rwhp all the time and with a flip of a switch over 600. :eek:

·
Registered
971 Posts
From a dead stop a Large N/a 427-447 cid motor is faster than a TT with STREET tires(It's lighter(right on the front) and power comes in evenly). With drag tires the TT moves, but so does the N/A 427-447 with just a 100 shot.

N/A will present a lot less trouble and also can be road raced. The TT's have/are coming a long way and eventually they will be almost as reliable as the N/A cars. Time, R&D, money....We will how the LPE TT motor does at Road America this month.

Unfortunately, its just not a question of power anymore, but how you put it down, AWD is the way of the future on anything with more than 600 hp.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what i want is a great strip car, a car the can pull threw the turns and i can have power for some random romps.
Pete

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
If you want a strip car, and you race often enough to justify it, then I would get a 427 C5R block and put nitrous on top of that. You will probably need a dedicated fuel setup just for the nitrous, but that's not hard to do.

I debated the same thing...and went with the LPE TT route b/c I do not drag race at the strip very often anymore. That being said, I had a nitrous kit here at home waiting for my Z06 back in Jan. 02 when I bought it. ;) Ran that for 15 months and never had any trouble with it.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Let me ask you this:

1- Do you want to own THE engine everyone dreams to own?
2- Do you want to share the same block as the C5R?
3- Do you want to have a better engine than the new Z06?
4- Do you want to have a monsterous engine at minimal work loads?

or do you want to get your stock engine and ram some air in and out of it?

A 427 is the dream corvette engine. If you aint got it .. well the next best thing is an LPE TT.

·
Registered
200 Posts
There are a number of ways of dealing with the heat from TT's. Ultimately what you decide comes down to what type of streetability you want and how much money you are willing to spend.

Good Luck,

Mark

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i want to spend as little as i can but ultimatly i have 25k. This is exactly what i want a car the can go very fast all the time, i race a lot straight line usually but i often have fun on the twisty roads. Also i want sex appeal when i pop the hood

PEte

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
What about a 383 with a maggie on top of that? if you search a car was recently done by cartek. Probably the whole package will cost you around 18K. The good thing about a package like this is you get a reliable bottom end as well as increasd displacment as well as new hood and very nice looking supercharger underneath the hood. TQ will be more than you can wish for as well as mainting streetability. Could be an interesting idea.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
MuffinMan said:
i want to spend as little as i can but ultimatly i have 25k. This is exactly what i want a car the can go very fast all the time, i race a lot straight line usually but i often have fun on the twisty roads. Also i want sex appeal when i pop the hood

PEte

Either is a great set up... I love my N\A 427. However I have been in Wa2fast's TT and it is a monster. As far as pop the hood sex appeal you don't get it with either. The 427 looks like the stock motor and the TT you can only see the difference from underneath. (with the LPE set up)

Chris

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The 427 sounds nice and I like it, but if you can do a TT setup that would be better. I have a H/C/nitrous car here in FL and even in the colder months I have to wait an hour for my bottle heaters to warm the bottles enough to proper psi. It's so aggrivating knowing that I have plenty of fresh nitrous on board but have to wait an hour or more to get to 1000psi on a full bottle. Since you're "up North," you may experience the problem, too, unless you find some sort of high-current bottle warmer that won't drain your battery that much more. Right now I'm using an Optima battery, two 15# nitrous bottles, two bottle warmers, all TNT stuff. I only heat one bottle at a time to keep proper current / voltage supplied to heater (as instructed) using A/B switch. That being said, my vote would be for you to get a TT setup. Oh yeah, if you like loud, get 427. Otherwise, keep it quiet and go TT.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Grim Reaper said:
AWD is the way of the future on anything with more than 600 hp.
IMHO, not just for big power either. I've driven some "mid power" AWD cars and you can get on the power much sooner exiting turns than you can with RWD.

550+ HP, AWD vette - yum - the trick will be just keeping the weight down to something tolerable.

·
Registered
971 Posts
novetteyet said:
IMHO, not just for big power either. I've driven some "mid power" AWD cars and you can get on the power much sooner exiting turns than you can with RWD.

550+ HP, AWD vette - yum - the trick will be just keeping the weight down to something tolerable.
I raced a 650 hp Renntech Stage III 996 AWD last year on the track. Very Annoying. Could brake as well(or better), Apexed totally different and he was on the gas much earlier. It was a fight. I did finally beat him though. Actually, a AWD Posrche won, One Lap last year.

But then his buddy (2,200 lbs.(Full-tube, All carbon fiber), Wing the size of Plywood, 650 hp, 13" slick), came and just went. I did not feel that bad though. Motorhome, Rig/Trailer, 250k GT2 car, extras...I brought a knife to a machine gun fight. Hope to see those guys again this season...I have something for them...lol

·
Registered
611 Posts
ECS 447 I HAVE TT IF I HAD TO DO IT AGAIN I'D GO FOR CUBES EATHER WAY YOU'LL NEED TO TUB AND PUT ON MORE RUBBER :crazy: :lol: :z:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have an MTI LS2 427 puts down 560 rwhp and 542 RWT N/a. I road race several times a year and the car is a beast and reliable. When I feel the need for more power the 100 shot of nitrous is only a twist of the bottle away. All this for about 12 grand. Sure a TT ultimately puts down more horsepower but not sure if would be able to use on the street. I am already not able to spray until going at least 60 or the tires just spin.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts