Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say I had an absolute blast racing at English town today.. As always a huge thanks to Rob for his mentoring.. Tom, Don, Doc, always a pleasure.. I just hope next time its a little cooler.. It was bruttle out there under the sun..

Hellllllllllllllllo 11 second club.. Now I need to figure out how to CONSISTENTLY launch this thing because im all over the place..

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats :thumb:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rest of my launches were absolute JUNK! Even my best wasn't very good (1.77).. I think I know what I was doing wrong.. I was hessitating too much on that initial release.. Next time I race im going to launch it like I did on my first 3 passes.. A little higher tire pressure and release around 2600rpms... I felt more comfortable doing that..

BTW.. Im hooked... Whens the next race?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Check the corvette challenge website for the schedule. I believe it's sometime in September though. Pocono on 8/21 will be right up your alley though!!!!
a 1.77 60' your 1st trip out on the DR's is pretty good! Hesitating on the release would cause you to bog, not spin though...on my last pass when I ran 12.09 I launched at 2300. You should be launching much higher than I did being you were on DR's...
Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts