Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a couple of posts I placed on the Corvette Forum.

I installed the Edelbrock shocks over the weekend. They are a quality looking part with all the necessary hardware. They are bright red with the Edelbrock logo. They look very nice.

Because of weather I didn't get to drive the car too much, but on the street they seem very good. The inertia valve really works! It can distinguish either wheel or chassis movement. Over a bump or pothole the shock moves to softer circuit and in a corner it stays on the firm circuit. Bottom line, it is a smoother ride. One other observation, I didn't notice much front end dive under braking.

I will drive the car at a test and tune this Sunday and give you my impressions after I drive the car with r-type tires on a race track. By the way, my car is completely stock with the rear lowered, kuhmo victoracer tires on 1996 collectors edition wheels and a k&n air filter.

===================================

Here are my thoughts on the Edelbrock shocks after a day on the track.
Setup: Kuhmo Victoracers, stock alignment on a stock Z06.
Track: 1.4 mile road race track, mildly abrasive, medium grip, medium smooth.

1. Car seemed easier to drive. Rear shocks seem to have less compression stiffness (felt like I could put the power down sooner). This was no magic pill though, I think the rear spring is too stiff. You can still get the tail around if you get on the power too early. Maybe it’s me!

2. Very smooth! Seems easier on the tires. The track claimed many tire victims but my used Kuhmos showed very little wear.

3. Consistent. After three fifteen minute sessions I was amazed at how consistent the tires and shocks were. No fade of either; wish I could say that about the brakes!

4. Compared to the stock shocks I think they are better in transition (less roll) and better in braking (less front end dive).

This was my first time on this track so I can’t compare lap times but the car was very good. I had a great time on the track with a couple of Porsche 911 Turbos!

Overall, the shocks are great, I recommend them.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have a friend who can dyno shocks back in Michigan. So if someone ever wants to test these or Penskes, I can get graphs..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to the graphs on Penskes!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have Edlebrock shocks on a few of my Grand Cherokee's, and they work great, I am putting on Penske's on my Z06 in the next week or so. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts