Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking of installing AFR heads and a street Cam on my 02 Z06 for more power. Is there any downside to doing so with respect to engine life and longevity? I would like to keep this car for a long time and I'm worried of reliability problems as a result of the mods.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Reliability should not be an issue ... maybe more valve spring replacements needed depending on how much lift you go with, but that would be about it - assuming you get it tuned "right".

Les

Hitman1 said:
I'm thinking of installing AFR heads and a street Cam on my 02 Z06 for more power. Is there any downside to doing so with respect to engine life and longevity? I would like to keep this car for a long time and I'm worried of reliability problems as a result of the mods.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
ZO6/Les said:
Reliability should not be an issue ... maybe more valve spring replacements needed depending on how much lift you go with, but that would be about it - assuming you get it tuned "right".

Les

Agreed, except if you're like me then you'll have to keep constant restraint from making her "talk to you", which might bring a rebuild a little closer.

Really though, without beating on it, I'm with Les....just the valve springs ~10-15K depending on cam.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the H/C package I'm looking at would also include:

* Comp 921 upgraded springs
* Comp R lifters
* Hardened steel pushrods
* Titanium retainers

So you guys are saying with these upgrades the engine longevity should not be affected from the added power I'm looking for (450 rwhp) that comes from this package.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts