Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:flaming: :idea: The door to the gas cap suddenly stopped opening. I filled it up the other day and everything seemed normal. Any ideas?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Behind the driver's seat there is an emergency wire for opening the gas filler door. Check under the carpeting near where the filler door is. Then I'd check the fuse for that circuit.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Had to use that once when my battery was disconnected for maintenance.

This is actually mentioned in your owners manual somewhere. :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol I actually don't own an owners manual. The 04 didnt come with one. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Subdriver said:
Had to use that once when my battery was disconnected for maintenance.
I am still using mine... They forgot to plug it in when they replaced the bell housing :crazy:

·
Registered
940 Posts
I had the same problem when I put in my shifter. Forgot to plug the gas door back in, and found out it was not working at the gas station on empty :pp: . Check the plug that connects to the button.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Kat said:
I am still using mine... They forgot to plug it in when they replaced the bell housing :crazy:
Kat,
The electric connection goes to the gas tank button is really easy to get to and is probably unplugged.

I think you can get to it just by popping off the plastic cover on the center console just forward of the part that swings open. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Subdriver said:
Kat,
The electric connection goes to the gas tank button is really easy to get to and is probably unplugged.

I think you can get to it just by popping off the plastic cover on the center console just forward of the part that swings open. :cheers:
Thanks Brad,

I will give that a try :thumb:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Subdriver said:
Kat,

If you can't reach it, then all you have to do is take off the four nuts that hold on the console. As subdriver states this is extremely easy to do. Good Luck.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
my gas tank door wouldn't open either a few wks ago-found there's a pull cord on the driver's side in the back, says Fuel on it-that will open it.

oh and welcome to the site :z:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Kat,
I just looked at this and Backlash is correct. I couldn't get to my gas cap connector by just lifting off the plastic cover that the Active Handling button is on. To get to the gas cap connector you have to remove only four nuts holding on the rear part of the center console. Lift up the cover and you will see the front two. The rear two are under little plastic covers. After you unbolt this, lift it up and slide it back and you should see your gas cap button connection and I'm betting is isn't plugged in. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Subdriver said:
Kat,
I just looked at this and Backlash is correct. I couldn't get to my gas cap connector by just lifting off the plastic cover that the Active Handling button is on. To get to the gas cap connector you have to remove only four nuts holding on the rear part of the center console. Lift up the cover and you will see the front two. The rear two are under little plastic covers. After you unbolt this, lift it up and slide it back and you should see your gas cap button connection and I'm betting is isn't plugged in. :cheers:

Thanks Guys :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts