Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
THATS RIGHT

My chromies shine like a silver mirror. I have to wipe them off every day after I drive the car. It only takes a couple of minutes and makes a big difference due to the brake dust. The fronts are worse then the back ones for collecting the brake dust. The look is worth the effort though. :) :) :) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Having never been a fan of blue cars (I've only ordered 1 blue car out of 34 I've owned, and that was for my first wife. The car: a "Hulla-Blue" Maverick:eek: ) Even when I first started to see a couple Zs on the road in EB, I wasn't too impressed. BUT... I went to the AZ Car Show in Phoenix, and lo & behold they had an EB on the floor. Under the lights the EB looked like Candy Apple Blue and about 2 feet deep! It was impressive. ...but I think ALL Z06s are beautiful!:cool: :cool:
-HarleyB

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Partial to blue

I do like blue cars.( my Favorite blue is Viper GTS blue) Had a Lynndale Blue 67 coupe, and a Laguna Blue 66 Coupe. Always liked the looks of the 96 Grand Sports. I wonder how close the color is to the EB of the new Zs? By the way, welcome Herb. You will enjoy this site. Lots of good guys( and gals). ;)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
BIG BLUE

I was going to get a MY ZO6 until my wife said no way. So I said the only other cars the dealer has coming in is a Black ZO6 and an Electron Blue ZO6. I already have a triple black Corvette and I didn't want to have another one again so soon. She said a blue Corvette didn't sound to exciting so I suggested we go down to another dealer in town and see the colors on his Corvette coupes and convertables. We did and she said WOW look at this blue it is rich looking and lots of metalic in it. The way the sun hit it it was alive and vibrant. Went into the showroom where a MY was sitting with a $5,000.00 dollars mark - up over MSRP, and looked at the yellow paint. Thats exactly what it was bright yellow paint with clear coat and lots of orange peal. Not to mention the $600.00 up charge for that color. Make a long story short we went home and changed the order to a ELECTRON BLUE color. Went to the LA Auto show twice and Blue is a very popular color for 2002. Saw lots of GOLD color cars also. The new Acura on display was a beautiful Gold and from diffferent angles it changed colors. Makes me think the General is going to come out with a fantastic 50th anniversary GOLD METALIC color. Just you wait and see. :) :) :) :cool: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
HB,

EB rules?

Welcome to the site and congrats on the car. Wishing you many safe miles.

:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts