Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Electron Blue vs Lemans Blue on Commemorative Z06.

• Electron Blue

Votes: 170 65.6%
  • Lemans Blue

Votes: 89 34.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 25 of us met at Macungie Park with our Z06's and C5's. The conversation focused on how the majority felt about the Lemans Blue. It seemed that the the majority of people said that they wished that the Commemorative Edition was the Electron Blue with the stripe kit instead of the Lemans Blue. The reason the conversation came up was that an '02 Z06 owner had ordered a stripe kit and put it on his '02. He then parked it along side of a Commemorative Edition. And the debates started. Now I have to say myself, that the Electron Blue stood out more and did better justice to the stripe kit than the Lemans Blue. Still just my opinion, what's yours?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I wanted a Z06 when they came out in 2001, but when the 2002 Z came out in Electron Blue I was hooked. :yeadog: I recently saw some aftermarket Z16 style stripe kits, and thought that they would look good on my car. Does anyone have pictures of an Electron Blue Z06 with Z16 striping?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Not sure about after the stripes but I think a Z16 with no stripes is better looking than an Electron blue Z06. The striped EB just stands out more because there are so many of the "limited edition" Z16s around.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Over time I have seen most all of the Corvette's blue colors and Electron Blue (a GM Corvette woman employee picked it out of all the blues to be on the 2002 & 2003 Corvettes) is my favorite.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
DJWorm said:
Well...where are the pictures?????
Wish I had some, but nobody had a camera. But, to think about it, I don't know that the pics would do it justice. If I know that we'll all be together again, I'll definitely take a pic. One thing for sure, the Electron Blue is a real Candy Color and really outshines the LeMans Blue, which doesn't seem to have as high of a gloss.

BTW, Applauds for that woman are in order. She really picked a winner that will shine in Corvette history.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
electron blue, I had my car ordered and deposit down when I went to pick it up.....well tehre was an electron blue one in the showroom....honestly.....I stood there for a whiel with my buddy debating over coming back another day (2 hr ride each way to that dealer) for the blue instead of black...then he reminded me....black truck, black hearse, black suit, black vette.......of course since his camaro is black he wasn't the most unbiased opinion either. I gotta say I'm not impressed with lemans blue.....but electron blue........well I'm seriously considering repainting my 55 electron blue and white diamond as a two tone.......I like the color that much

·
Registered
23 Posts
fatherlarry said:
About 25 of us met at Macungie Park with our Z06's and C5's. The conversation focused on how the majority felt about the Lemans Blue. It seemed that the the majority of people said that they wished that the Commemorative Edition was the Electron Blue with the stripe kit instead of the Lemans Blue. The reason the conversation came up was that an '02 Z06 owner had ordered a stripe kit and put it on his '02. He then parked it along side of a Commemorative Edition. And the debates started. Now I have to say myself, that the Electron Blue stood out more and did better justice to the stripe kit than the Lemans Blue. Still just my opinion, what's yours?
Electron Blue is a brighter blue and absolutely beautiful on the C5 silhouette. The LeMans Blue is a more faithful representation of the blue C5-R Corvettes that ran at the 24 Hrs of LeMans that the Z16 and color commemorates.
:thumb:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yea ok I am biased but walking one sunny day through a large parking lot I see in the distance a blue corvette, wow nice color I am thinking. Walk up to it and its an 2004 Commemorative Coupe.

Sabot

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I am somewhat biased, but I do like the LeMans blue too, just not as much as my EB. ;)

1 - 20 of 123 Posts