Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email from borla.com giving me advice on why I needed an exhaust and "suggesting" things I should put on my Z06. I personally consider the stingers to be an excellent product, however I am not interested in purchasing them at this time.

I enjoy the forum and the link access and info to vendors, however I DO NOT appreciate being solicited via email. I decide what goes on my vettes and I have a "plan"-like most guys and gals on here-on where I am going with my vette. When I told him/her I am planning on doing headers first, I continued to receive email from them.

Should we expect to be receiving these emails now?

Thanks so much-

Leslie

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'm very sure they aren't releasing our email addresses to anyone here. I would know right away if they did based on the special email technique I use to catch websites that sell personal information to vendors.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Sounds like they (Borla) might have obtained your email from a source other than this forum. I know for a fact, that the NCM safeguards all of its member's information including email addees. We have been solicited time and again to release them but the NCM has held steadfast to protecting its membership data base no matter what.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Wasn't me, Leslie:D
The only site I gave your address to is 'Badazz Vette Chicks.com'. :D
They said they might want to do an article and photo layout on you :eek: :eek:
J/K of course :lol: :lol:

My understanding is that individual e-mail addresses are not given out to anyone.

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
This may be a help.

And I say this as a hypothetical.

They may have emailed you via the forum without knowing your email, however, once you respond, they now have your email address. If no response, they would consider the email address vacant and all emails will cease, if you respond, you know how the story goes, "click this link to UNSUBSCRIBE from a our mailing list.

I say this not directed at Borla, but I had the same prob about two months ago and thorugh a lot wrangling, that was the information explained to me.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
It is so funny this came up.

I was talking to a guy about this same type of deal, as to subscribing to a enthusiast site and then emailing members of that forum with details on a product that they can enjoy in regards to their passion.

I can now go back and tell him to disregard, it may be a good way to get kicked off the forum:lol:

Best of luck Leslie with getting this cleared up.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
JC and I have discussed this many times, JC takes great pains to protect all of our personal info, including email addresses. I know that Borla did not get your email address from here, JC will simply not allow it.

Mark

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guys, please excuse my terminology (blonde moment)-it was through PM's that he contacted me.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
Leslie, sent you a pm :)
See Leslie! It is really Mike who is causing your problem.
I've been getting PMs from a whips and chains place that I am certain that Mike is assisting! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Leslie (blkZ06), I would like to help you with this problem. I understand your concern with an unsolicited PM and email. I know for a fact that the gentleman from Borla meant no harm and was only trying to suggest a "mod path" that might be of interest. As you mentioned in a subsequent post that he PM'd you, so he didn't get access to your email address through the site or other avenue. The gentleman from Borla informed me today that he may have caused a problem with you on the forum. He did not mean to step on any toes or offend you in any way. I will be talking to him personally to make sure we can clear up the misunderstanding.
In the past, I have talked with folks at Borla including Alyse Borla and they are very professional and considerate folks. I don't believe they would intentionally try to cause you any grief or inconvenience.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or comments for the guy from Borla. I would be glad to help get this settled.

Don

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sigung86 said:

See Leslie! It is really Mike who is causing your problem.
I've been getting PMs from a whips and chains place that I am certain that Mike is assisting! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
2001Z06-I am sure they meant no harm. I respect and value anyone's advice on my vettes-I am simply asking for no solicitations via PM's.

I joined this forum to speak freely and ask opinions of my brothers (and sisters!) here regarding my mod choices. I don't want to be posting feeling like a vendor is reading what mods I have and don't have, ready to sell me something.

Of course there are exceptions-if he wants to sell me a S/C, FLP's, CAM or a Ken King interior for $10:lol:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Leslie, I understand your position on this issue. I just talked to Sal and he is sorry if he made you feel uncomfortable. I don't think he was trying to sell you something as much as offer some input on something to consider that might help you as a vette enthusiast. I feel confident that his intensions were sincerely good. I hope this matter is resolved and you are feeling OK with it. If you have further issues about this please contact me via a PM.

You can always feel free to post your opinions and and ask for opinions from others on this site. That is what the site is about.

As far as $10 mods, we just had a bunch of them over the holidays. Did you happen to get lucky and win any?

Don

1 - 17 of 17 Posts