Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of going with the smooth look and removing the emblems. I just wanted to make sure I have this straight:
Front emblem = alignment holes
Side emblems & deck-lid = no alignment holes

Sound right?

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Kinyu said:
I have been thinking of going with the smooth look and removing the emblems. I just wanted to make sure I have this straight:

Sound right?

Thanks for the help
Yep. That's what I have seen so far. Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got no side emblems, my car is very stealth, no one would suspect that it's a Z06 :sneaky: .

·
Registered
968 Posts
I dont get it! Im proud i own a Z06,why try to hide it. That would be like having a gorgeous wife and removing some of her teeth!! :NoNo:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
bobby778 said:
I dont get it! Im proud i own a Z06,why try to hide it. That would be like having a gorgeous wife and removing some of her teeth!! :NoNo:

I agree,

I am in the process of making some custom side emblems.

There are getting painted now, I will post pic's next week.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Kinyu said:

Sound right?

Thanks for the help
Right :yeadog:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
B R said:
I've got no side emblems, my car is very stealth, no one would suspect that it's a Z06 :sneaky: .
That's a very flashy stealth car. The side ducts are a dead give away but then again it could be just a FRC. With the body color and wheels you have one fine ride. Very clean.

D.J. :usa:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bobby778 said:
Why you ask? I'll tell you! :p The deck and front emblem I want to remove because it would be 8923749734 times easier to wash and wax it. I don't want my side Z06 emblems because of the HP rating on it ... I don't think its good looking really. I like the way they did it in 2001, but I do not want to put those badges on because then people just assume I'm a 2001 (obviously).
So I guess if I stuck badges on it, they would be special made badges.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bobby778 said:
If you want to be diff. Cool/Smooth=Take the doors off. :drunken:
I thought about it, but I think it may cause too much drag. :p

·
Registered
372 Posts
On my last C5, I actually bought a new front emblem, removed the stock one, waxed/polished/buffed the whole area, then applied a new emblem. You could just do that yearly! :D:D

·
Registered
136 Posts
who makes custom z06 finder badge emblems? I would be interested in some?

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
02PdiddyZ06 said:
who makes custom z06 finder badge emblems? I would be interested in some?
02PdiddyZ06,
I make the custom emblems I will post pic's next week they are at the painters getting the Z painted, send me a PM if intressed. They look like the stock emblem with a custom HP engraving or I have some that say supercharged, example 520HP/NOS, SUPERCHARGED, 455HP etc... And then I have some that are 90% complete and I can machine what ever you want :yeadog: I will post pic's and prices next week.

They look great,

Mike

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I also thought about removing the nose and deck badges. They are in the way when I wax the car.

Alex

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I don't care for the front and rear badges and if the front didn't have alignment holes...I'd have removed them...

Not that a big a deal so I didn't bother...

I like cars with minimal badging...

JMO

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I think I'd like to change out my side emblems to the ones that say SUPERCHARGED. Having the 405hp emblem on a mag car is false advertising.

Anyone know wtb and what they cost ?

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Now what said:
I think I'd like to change out my side emblems to the ones that say SUPERCHARGED. Having the 405hp emblem on a mag car is false advertising.

I know they're expensive. Jimmy has a set that he bought on-line from some Polish guy (No Polish jokes please! My last name DOES end with a SKI :NoNo: ) Check with him for the web address.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Now what said:

I have a set made that say Supercharged. I will post pic's next week. As for the pricing I have to talk to my machinest and painter and see what they need. What should these go for?

I think the stock ones go for $25.00 each.

I was thinking $60.00 each or a $120.00 a set and these are custom machined for your need SUPERCHARGED or 520HP/NOS, etc.
:cheers:
See Ya,
Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
bobby778 said:
I dont get it! Im proud i own a Z06,why try to hide it. That would be like having a gorgeous wife and removing some of her teeth!!
That's an interesting analogy, so along those lines, I'd say it's more like having a goreous wife who happened to have a couple of visible tatoos, & then getting those tats removed with a laser :D .

Hey D.J., thanks for the props :cheers: .

·
Registered
136 Posts
Morzoff said:
02PdiddyZ06,
I make the custom emblems I will post pic's next week they are at the painters getting the Z painted, send me a PM if intressed. They look like the stock emblem with a custom HP engraving or I have some that say supercharged, example 520HP/NOS, SUPERCHARGED, 455HP etc... And then I have some that are 90% complete and I can machine what ever you want :yeadog: I will post pic's and prices next week.

They look great,

Mike
Thanks Morzoff, you have pm.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts