Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lease is going to come to an end at the end of the year. I'm running brand new supercars in the front and bald nitto RII's in the back. I'm looking to replace my rear tires. These tires will...so i hope..last me till the end of the lease.

Will the dealer demand that only Supercars be on the car?

Can I get away with putting and leaving something better but not quite as hard core as the nittos.. Pilots maybe?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I'll bet he would want to see matching tires.

·
Registered
49 Posts
IMO it wouldn't matter what the dealer wanted as I would be keeping the car no matter what (in fact, just did this) :jammin:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
i think they just have to be "good tires" i don't think they would have to be F1 supercars..

i would look on the forums for a good used set.. then turn it in ..
or just keep it !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'd love to keep it.

the terrible problem is that we're financing a new Z06 when we turn this one in :D

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
So long as the tires meet GM specifications, meaning they're the correct size and speed/load rating for the car, they cannot object.

You could look to buy a set of mostly-used-but-still-servicable tires from someone on the forum, and put those on just before you return the car. Might be cheaper than new tires that you have to give away while they're still mostly good.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies

do you all feel that having different tires on the front than the rear would be a problem? even if they both fit the standard.

i may just buy a used set......Now What..where you at?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Never had a problem as long as the tread was there. Usually I had better tires on the car than what came on it. And the dealer did notice that. :eyes:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You just have to have good tread on them.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
When a lease expires, they usually tell you to put on brand new tires before returning the car. If there is obvious tire wear, they may not except it. I would call your dealer since this varies dealer to dealer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Check your lease agmt for language re tires. Mine specified 4 matching tires with 4/32nd tread or more. Really dpeneds on your contract.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts