Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
The engine, for the most part will be the same. The LS1 has evolved slightly ever since '97... since then (Not including the LS-6) the LS1 has seen improved Block casting, Cylinder Heads, Camshaft, and Intake Manifold changes. Although it has always been referred to as an LS-1. Now the LS-6 has a slightly different block casting, Heads, and Cam... Yet a complete Name Change? This makes sense because it is sold along side the LS-1... and obviously needs to be set apart from the LS-1. But to call the LS-6 an LS-7 for '02 doesn't make as much sense... since any design changes/improvements would be nothing different than typcial Engine evolotion.

You won't see anything different other than maybe 'MINOR' changes to Heads, and/or Cam Profile. Everything else would stay the same, would be my guess.

As for thinking the '02's will have better wheels! You are very optimistic! The '01 wheels are very smooth... I would be concerned at what GM may think is 'better' than the '01 wheels personally!

My .02

------------------
Dave Schotz
2001 Z-06 White w/Mod Red
Solo 2 SS Class #39
www.sccaforums.com

· Registered
198 Posts
Although.... Z-06 was a 1 year option, as well... and they are continuing that name!

So... I don't really know what sense it makes to change the engine designation... but Hey... anything to make the '01 a bit different is cool with me!

------------------
Dave Schotz
2001 Z-06 White w/Mod Red
Solo 2 SS Class #39
www.sccaforums.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.