Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.....

last night i was cruising around so i decided to press it hard from 2nd gear with my friend's evo7.. by the time i shifted 4th suddenly the engine died! i was shocked and hoped nothing serious happened to my car.. anyway i parked on the side right away and left the car off for some time then switched it back on and everything was back to normal.. anyone know why this happened? :-?

ebrahim

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Sounds like an electrical problem to me.With all the mods you have listed I would look for a pinched or loose wire or connector.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Check the connection to the alternator. Normally removed with a cam job. Does all kind of freaky things if not secure.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys im taking my car to my mechanic later today to have it checked..

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
28 Posts
The wiring harness for the injection circuitry can become damaged at the inner end of the driver's side fuel rail. It can get shorted against the fuel rail bracket. Don't know if this could be the cause, but it can give you all sorts of trouble, depending on which wire is shorted. Follow this link, and look fairly close to the end of the posts on how to diagnose and fix it:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38483

Good luck!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ChAra said:
The wiring harness for the injection circuitry can become damaged at the inner end of the driver's side fuel rail. It can get shorted against the fuel rail bracket. Don't know if this could be the cause, but it can give you all sorts of trouble, depending on which wire is shorted. Follow this link, and look fairly close to the end of the posts on how to diagnose and fix it:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38483

Good luck!
thanks for the link man

problem was solved today my car runs great and has a perfect idle!
we found out that there was some "air leaking" from a part which connects to the headers and all we did is one the left side of the headers and saw that the small piece of metal was cracked and needed some welding.. thats all.. here's a pic of a LS6 engine i took from digitalcorvette just to show u where the problem was.

thanks all... great members, great forum, and a Z is all u need over here! :jammin:

ebrahim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts