Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the Dyno this weekend, a guy from Royal Purple was there with a presentation. All of what he said and showed sounded good, but I'm just unsure of taking everything that a rep says as Gospel. He said the oil is better because of an anti-friction additive, but is competitively priced. He also said that the system didn't need flushed, just thoroughly flushed. Any thoughts or experience with Royal Purple???

As soon as I get a chance, I'll post the Dyno sheets for both the '99 FRC and the '02 Z06, but for now RWHP on the FRC is 324.4 HP/341.2 TQ . The Z06 posted RWHP at 356.3 HP and 345.5 TQ . Any comments?

Thanks,

Joe:)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Joe,

Nice HP.

I don't have any experience with Royal Purple, but have heard it's very good. Before you use it, make sure it meets the warranty requirements. I know some Red Line oils don't.

Good luck,

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2k Cobra said:
Joe,

Nice HP.

I don't have any experience with Royal Purple, but have heard it's very good. Before you use it, make sure it meets the warranty requirements. I know some Red Line oils don't.

Good luck,

2k,

Thanks for the compliment!

The distributor did say that it met GM Spec. Additionally, the container carried the message "Meets GM Spec" :roll:

I'm just a little leery of guys pushing their paycheck, if you know what I mean. I like to get some opinions:D .

Joe ;) ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts