Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I bought my z06 six weeks ago. Changed the oil three weeks ago with Mobil 1. Just recently I noticed an engine ping at low rpms under 2k in 4th. I can't tell if the engine pings at higher rpms due to noise of the exhaust. I have done numerous searches and sounds like I need to decarbon using gm top engine cleaner. The car has 39k miles on it and the following engine mods:

TPIS long tube headers
Custom X Pipe
High flow cats
Borla Stingers
Vortex ram air induction with carbon fiber power duct
224/224 .564/.564 on 112 cam
under drive pulleys

All of the work was performed at 21st century musclecars. Any help on if the decarbon will cure the ping. I am just scared that there is upper rpm ping that I can't hear.

Thanks in advance.

Chet

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I would give 21st century musclecars a call and seek there advice. Are you using 93 octane fuel? :z:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. The car has been tuned by 21st century. I am going to email john at 21st and get his opinions. Anyone know of a good shop in the KC area?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
95formula said:
Thanks for the replies. The car has been tuned by 21st century. I am going to email john at 21st and get his opinions. Anyone know of a good shop in the KC area?
PM MikesZ06 he will fix you up :cheers:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Per John at 21st MC he think that it needs tuned for lower octane, the tune it has now is for 93 octane. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts