Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... I haven't been to Englishtown in many years, so I'm not really sure what's the deal over there. Does anyone know if there are drag runs on the 17th? On their site, for 4/17 it says: "Annual Spring Englishtown Swap Meet & Auto Show", but doesn't mention anything about 1/4 mi. runs... Is that just a car show that day, or do they have runs too?

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,464 Posts
No, Englishtown doesn't race the weekend of the swap meet.

But if you really want to race that weekend, Island and Atco will be running.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
benenati379 said:
No, Englishtown doesn't race the weekend of the swap meet.

But if you really want to race that weekend, Island and Atco will be running.
Damn! I wanna squelch my 2 friends who think they'd both be dead even with me in the Zee. One has a new M3, and the other a new EVO....that was the first wknd we could all go.. :flaming:

Ah well, I guess we'll have to wait 'til the 24th, they have it posted as "Open Competition Drag Racing". Does that mean you can run against anyone you choose?? I remember last time I dragged there was like 7 years ago - I had a modded 240SX back then, and every run I couldn't manage to go up against my friends - they kept pitting me against monsters running in the 12's and 13's when I was only in the way upper 14's! :mah:

Where are Island and Atco - in LI??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,464 Posts
Island Dragway is in Great Meadows, NJ right off route 80.

Atco Raceway is in Acto, NJ.

Both are great tracks, without all the commercial-ness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
benenati379 said:
Island Dragway is in Great Meadows, NJ right off route 80.

Atco Raceway is in Acto, NJ.

Both are great tracks, without all the commercial-ness.
Hmm, they both seem to have motorcycle events on the 17th... does that mean there are no autos?

Atco is showing: "Motorcycles Suzuki Pts Series No 5/ Test & Tune/No Time OK", and island something similar ...is there open dragging at either on the 17th that you know of?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,464 Posts
Island Dragway has Saturdays as their racedays. Sundays are test and tune days and special events.

You'll be able to run your buddies during a test and tune session on Sunday. But if you want to compete for some $$$, you'll have to go on a Saturday.

Or you can go to their Friday night Street car races. But, just like any race day, you wont be guaranteed to line up with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool.. thanks a lot man. :cheers:

Do you ever go to Atco? Same deal over there? My friends that wanna race work late on Fridays and Saturdays, so that's why Sunday is really the only day we could all go...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,464 Posts
Acto is having a Motocycle Points race, but they are also having a Quick 8/Heads Up Index and I don't think your looking for something like that.

If you go to Island on that sunday, you can do a test and tune. All you have to do is ask to be lined up with your buddies and it shouldn't be a problem. You usually can get 5 good runs in on a test and tune day.

You may go home with bragging rights but not any $$$ though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,319 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
Test & tune is open racing.. Atco would be a hike for you! It's just over an hour from me here on Staten Island. Etown is 30 minutes...Island shouldn't be TOO bad a ride for you guys...
Ron
How is it just over an hour from S.I. when it takes me almost 2 hours and I'm much further south than you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies guys..

We all finally decided to go to Englishtown on the 24th, then head to Atlantic city afterwards to spend the night. IMO, there can be no better day in a man's life - adrenaline pumping drags, and adrenaline pumping high stakes gambling in the same day!
I'd better beat the ///M3, and spank the EVO... of course I'll post my 1/4 mi. times, and report how badly I whooped on 'em. :sneaky:


:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Z06 Rocket said:
Thanks for the replies guys..

We all finally decided to go to Englishtown on the 24th, then head to Atlantic city afterwards to spend the night. IMO, there can be no better day in a man's life - adrenaline pumping drags, and adrenaline pumping high stakes gambling in the same day!
I'd better beat the ///M3, and spank the EVO... of course I'll post my 1/4 mi. times, and report how badly I whooped on 'em. :sneaky:


:cheers:

Why dont I help you, Tell your M3 an evo friend to join in on the forum here for some Pre-race smack talking ;) I'll work them up so bad they'll miss gears all night trying to make their cars beat the impossible. It works every time :p

trust me, I had $1000 bet last weekend against a 550rwhp cobra, not that I could beat him, but I lit him up so bad that No show and no call!

and another guy with a Viper is so Scared he's putting his wife to drive the car against me:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
COUTO1981 said:
Why dont I help you, Tell your M3 an evo friend to join in on the forum here for some Pre-race smack talking ;) I'll work them up so bad they'll miss gears all night trying to make their cars beat the impossible. It works every time :p

trust me, I had $1000 bet last weekend against a 550rwhp cobra, not that I could beat him, but I lit him up so bad that No show and no call!

and another guy with a Viper is so Scared he's putting his wife to drive the car against me:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha that was hilarious! :rofl: I've smack talked a lot to them, but they're so convinced that they can keep right up, they smack talked right back! :lol: ...all I could say was, "Yeah yeah, we'll see at the strip!"
If either of them misses a gear, they'll NEVER live it down. I'll make fun of 'em for years :lol: I know I definitely won't miss a gear, because I'll be paying EXTRA attention to not doing it!


:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,319 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
and another guy with a Viper is so Scared he's putting his wife to drive the car against me:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
She ran a 15-something first time she raced so you should be able to keep up with her :p :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
It's called the NJTPK...I also don't drive like I'm 80 yrs old & 1/2 blind... Maybe 1:20..better? :D
Maybe you need to re-plot your route?
Ron

WOWWW :jawdrop: , I feel some tension amongst yo :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,319 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
WOWWW :jawdrop: , I feel some tension amongst yo :roll:

Ron is just bitter because I'm younger and better looking. :p
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top