Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pics of the Eradispeeds. This particular set came from Halltech as he now stocks them as well as a couple other forum vendors.....Not the best pics but its hard taking em of shiny stuff indoors :roll: . One thing to note is the cheek thickness.....beefy! And the curved ventilation vanes, pretty cool. Also, all holes are drilled right behind the vanes, supposedly to arrest any possible cracks.

I've seen reports of cracking with hard use but Baer claims that most of this is due to improper seasoning. I'll follow the procedure to the T and we'll see about that......I have not heard any reports of cracking on the Eradispeeds yet, hopefully, thats a good sign.....

At any rate, they look kick azz, I'll post some pics after install.

As a final note, I've heard 2 reports of slotted rotors eliminating dusting on the 02's, possibly due to the cleaning action of the slots......again, we'll see about that as I am installing the 02 pads with these.......













Don't you wish the manufacturers posted pics instead of us having to do it? :roll:

JC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,811 Posts
Very cool - I have my set sitting in the garage with some stainless lines waiting on some speed bleeders. :cheers: :cheers: :guiness:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,011 Posts
Cool pics JC. I sure hope those rotors clean as advertised with the 02 pads. If not, you will be spending what free time you thought you had cleaning your rims. I will be interested in how they work as most of my time has been spent cleaning brake dust on my 183 mile 02.

Pat :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
About $800......maybe less......

You can get stock GM ones for about half this.....Bob Benedix is running a sale.....

Several vendors have Eradispeeds in stock, but I got these from Jim Hall at Halltech.......

JC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,811 Posts
get 'em installed, get 'em installed!


:guiness:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
N4C5S said:
About $800......maybe less......

You can get stock GM ones for about half this.....Bob Benedix is running a sale.....

Several vendors have Eradispeeds in stock, but I got these from Jim Hall at Halltech.......

JC
I can't find them at their website---gotta link?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
Those look cool! Are they lighter than the stock set?
How much does the install run?

Regards

2Charmed

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Some killer lookin rotors. Looking forward to follow-up on your install and performance. Looks great!!:cool:


Andy
02 T/R Z06:z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,811 Posts
2charmed said:
Those look cool! Are they lighter than the stock set?
How much does the install run?

Regards

2Charmed

:cheers:
Rumored to be 7-8 lbs. lighter per rotor...:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Just had mine installed at the Vette Drs. w/ a set of Hawk pads. Got 'em from LAPD. The Vette Drs. went so far as to paint the inner part of the rear rotors black so it would match the fronts. Didn't even ask them to do this, just part of their install!
So far I don't feel that the Hawk pads grab as well as the stock 02's,feels spongier. Haven't done the "seasoning" of the rotors or "bedding" the pads so I don't know if they will improve.
Dusting seems to be far less.
What experience have any of you guys had with them?

John
02 EB/Mod Rd Z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
N4C5S said:
About $800......maybe less......

You can get stock GM ones for about half this.....Bob Benedix is running a sale.....

Several vendors have Eradispeeds in stock, but I got these from Jim Hall at Halltech.......

JC
I know the front rotors are a 2-piece design but aren't the rear just one piece?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes rears are solid, Carl says that the rears will have the black hat soon though ......

JC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
ATMER said:
Just had mine installed at the Vette Drs. w/ a set of Hawk pads. Got 'em from LAPD. The Vette Drs. went so far as to paint the inner part of the rear rotors black so it would match the fronts. Didn't even ask them to do this, just part of their install!
So far I don't feel that the Hawk pads grab as well as the stock 02's,feels spongier. Haven't done the "seasoning" of the rotors or "bedding" the pads so I don't know if they will improve.
Dusting seems to be far less.
What experience have any of you guys had with them?

John
02 EB/Mod Rd Z
I would like to have my rear rotors painted before install---what kind of paint would take those temps?---can the "hat" even be seen? If not, I will not bother.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Jnation---

The hats can be seen. I don't know what type of paint was used and heat may well be a concern. I'll ask Carmen what was used.

John
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top