Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last season I made about 6 passes on my 17' ET streets. Went to the track today and I couldn't get the tires to hook, hell they barely made any smoke during my burnout. I was pulling 1.7-1.8 60 foot compared to 1.5 last season. I drove to the track a few times(1 hr each way), can you mess up the tires so they do not hook?? If so can I fix it?? thanks

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Sometimes they get a dry rot from storage and makes them less effective. I would go out a few more times to make sure its not just a little rust or varying track conditions. Let us know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I drove to the track with my DR's one day and forgot to lower the tire pressure. :bang: I figured it out after the first run.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Z06 UK said:
Last season I made about 6 passes on my 17' ET streets. Went to the track today and I couldn't get the tires to hook, hell they barely made any smoke during my burnout. I was pulling 1.7-1.8 60 foot compared to 1.5 last season. I drove to the track a few times(1 hr each way), can you mess up the tires so they do not hook?? If so can I fix it?? thanks
In addition, driving to the track will not mess up your tires. I have about 200 passes and on all I drove to and from the track on et streets.(30min-1 hour each way).

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I know I let the air out--started at 14 and went down to 10. Car was walking on the big end. Ordered a line lock and will try again in a few weeks when it warms up.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
If you haven't used them since last year, it's most likely dry rot.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
What's the temps down there?? could just be cool temps causing the problem. And the track prep.

Try them again, note the temp this time.

Ernie

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I had the same problem....line lock is what i am getting next. I could not heat the tires enough just doing burnouts. I would run 1, and get around a 12.0 or 12.1 then go right back, do 2 burnouts and run a 11.5 or 11.6. The hotter the better, and i just could not get them warm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts