Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I have a quick question. Do you all think that 26x11.5x17 ET Streets will fit on a set of 17x8.5 wagon wheels I just got real cheap? If not, I will go with the 275/40/17 MT Radials, however I have heard that the ET Streets are easier on driveline components. Also, with the bias ply 17" ET Streets, would I need skinnies?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
no sir. we all wish we could get out that cheap. skinnies....recommended but not necessary looking at you go fast mods.

For now anyway.:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, so I guess I am looking at putting the ET Street Radials on. Oh well, thought it was worth a try! Thanks

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
ChaseN said:
Hi

I have a quick question. Do you all think that 26x11.5x17 ET Streets will fit on a set of 17x8.5 wagon wheels I just got real cheap? If not, I will go with the 275/40/17 MT Radials, however I have heard that the ET Streets are easier on driveline components. Also, with the bias ply 17" ET Streets, would I need skinnies?

Thanks!
They WILL fit. 8.5 is the minimum recommended rim width. Got that right off Summit's web site. I have mine mounted on Z06 front rims. They're 9.5. To tell you the truth, the rims seem wider then the tires. You see more of the rims lip sticking out then on my regular rims & F1's....
I have made several passes on them w/ stock F1's up front & there is NO problems. Skinnies up front will net you .1 gains though.
Ron

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Just my .02

If anyone is running ET streets I highly suggest running skinnies.

Not only will the car go straighter. But is something goes wrong at half track your chances of surviving it unscratched are much higher :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts