Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
350 Z on Web-Ever owned a Datsun/Nissan Z?

They just posted a preorder page yesterday on their site for their 350 Z, standard (non turbo) model ($26K+) and I must say it looks better than I would have thought from all of the design guesses I saw printed over the years. I owned (2) 240's and (1) 300 TT in my prevette existence.

To look at the new body style and specs click link below.

Gallery Page

G

·
I had a nice 1984 Z. Didn't really find it that great. Never missed that car in the slightest. A good car but no passion.

The new one is at least daring! (I find it ugly..but at least its weird) and very inexpensive. 26 to 34g's.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I saw a little Audi TT in the design and maybe even some of the early Porche 636.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I currently own a 300ZXTT (1991). It has some mods (stage 3), and is a strong running car. Nice interior for a 10 yr.old car. Overall these 300's are pretty cool in my book, but the turbos are commonly oil-starved and can give trouble. I always go through a warm-up and cool-down procedure before and after driving this car. I have some friends with 300's who have had trouble with the turbos and these things are a bitch to work on. Pretty much have to pull the engine to get to turbos, expensive to repair.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I've got a '74 206Z with all the factory racing parts.

If it wasn't for the sentimental attachment (I was brought home from the hospital in it), I probably would have shitcanned it by now.

But I still like the looks of the early Zs when dropped and have big tires. But these new things are ugly as hell.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I owned a 73 240z in college. I'd done some mods and it not only looked beatiful (one of a kind) but handled incredible - at least I thought so until I bought the Z06. I probably would have bought the 300zx last year if they had been still making them - fortunately they weren't.;) I'm not sold on the new body style, but maybe it grows on you eventually.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Fond memorys

I owned a 71 240Z in 1975. Did all the Bob Sharp(Danbury CT)spoilers, flared wheel wells etc. Even made the Z Club owners news letter. After that I bought a 74 260Z 2+2.Did the 3 piece rear spoiler and front airdam on that one. No flares(too much work) Loved the looks of the 4 seater, but a dog compared to the 71. Later, one of the guys that worked for me put an LT1 in a 71. That thing screemed! What a fun car. A company used to sell them( maybe called Scarabs?....don't remember).Great cars in their day( and they had super brakes !! )

·
Registered
388 Posts
I owned two 300ZX TTs in the past, nice cars, little heavy, no comparison to the Z06.

I like the new 350Z, and I am impressed with Nissan's pricing! I think it is good for Corvettes and all enthusiasts that we are seeing more Sports Cars coming back. More competition improves all of our cars.:)

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Used to be a "Znatic"! I owned, at least one, of every body style they introduced. Finally, just got tired of fighting the rust. They were a great car, but would rust down around your ears.

Now... Look Ma! No Rust! :lol: :cheers: :lol:

Dan

·
Registered
176 Posts
Owned an 81 280ZX before my first 89 Coupe. Enjoyed the car but does not compare to the vette. Had some problems with rust but Datsun repaired the damage even after 5 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts